Applying for British Citizenship via UKF Form

Old Jun 6th 2023, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

natnice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for British Citizenship via UKF Form

Hi hope all is well,

As the title suggests I am applying for citizenship via UKF Form.

I was born in Sweden in 1998. My Mother being Swedish and my father British by birth and they were not and have not been married. As Sweden do not have birth certificates as such they have a "Population Register" I am doing a paternity test from a company on the gov accredited list to prove he is my father.

I have received a copy of his birth certificate (including date of registration) from the GRO office.

My only concern is that he changed his name via Deed Poll (which he has lost the documentation for) several years ago so it is now different from what is on his birth certificate. Could this cause problems? I called a Home Office number and they suggested attaching a cover letter to my application explaining why his name is different on the application to the birth certificate.

I would appreciate any input!
Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2023, 1:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for British Citizenship via UKF Form

Ultimately you will need to provide a link between the individual named on the birth certificate and the DNA test. How different are his names?
Old Jun 6th 2023, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi, so working from the start of the name. First name is now completely different. His middle name has the beginning of his previous first name and his surname has remained the same. Hope that made some sense.

As he lost his Deed Poll we paid for a "replacement" Deed Poll document from a website but I wasn't sure if it's legitimate or necessary. He has yet to have it signed by a witness.

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2023, 10:24 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Is the replacement an reissued version from the same company or a new one entirely?
Old Jun 7th 2023, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Is the replacement an reissued version from the same company or a new one entirely?
It’s a new one. It’s from a website called deedpoll office. They basically sent a fancy looking paper with my dads details pre-filled and he just needs to sign with his old and new signature and a witness.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by natnice
It’s a new one. It’s from a website called deedpoll office. They basically sent a fancy looking paper with my dads details pre-filled and he just needs to sign with his old and new signature and a witness.
That should be sufficient but if the Home Office want any further evidence then they will likely request that once your application is under consideration.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 11:38 am
Just Joined

I hope so. Do you think it will be worth submitting his passport with the evidence? As his name is the same on that as what is on the Swedish version of my birth certificate.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by natnice
I hope so. Do you think it will be worth submitting his passport with the evidence? As his name is the same on that as what is on the Swedish version of my birth certificate.
Yes, you should include a copy of his passport.