Application submitted - now waiting

Old Sep 3rd 2019, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

timdavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application submitted - now waiting

Hi all, so we eventually got my wife's visa application submitted. We submitted the application on the UK Visa website on the 12th of August and paid the additional amount to go priority (this was at the time of visa submission online, not to VFS later). My wife went for her biometrics on 23rd of August at a USCIS center in New York. We then immediately mailed the supporting documents and her passport via UPS to the processing center in New York (the address actually changed that weekend, so hopefully it got to the right place) and it was delivered on the 26th of August according to the UPS tracking number.

From looking at the timeline threads, it seems the next thing we get is an email saying that the application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer. However, the time taken for this seems to vary a lot (even just looking at priority applications from the USA), ranging from a a few days to weeks.

Given how annoying the system is, I assume there is no way we can check on the status, but if there is, it would be great to know! Also, am I right to assume that there is no acknowledgement that the application package has arrived (apart from UPS tracking)? Just thought I'd check in case we missed something!

Old Sep 25th 2019, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Application submitted - now waiting

Just to add to this: we got the "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer" about 2 weeks ago. However it said to submit supporting documents if needed. I assume this is just a template email, because they should already have the supporting docs (and my wife's passport) as we'd mailed them in several weeks earlier via UPS (and they were delivered according to UPS).

However, we have had no formal recognition that they arrived, whereas on the timeline thread it seems some others do receive emails stating the docs have been recieved. Should this
Old Sep 25th 2019, 9:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timdavies
Just to add to this: we got the "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer" about 2 weeks ago. However it said to submit supporting documents if needed. I assume this is just a template email, because they should already have the supporting docs (and my wife's passport) as we'd mailed them in several weeks earlier via UPS (and they were delivered according to UPS).

However, we have had no formal recognition that they arrived, whereas on the timeline thread it seems some others do receive emails stating the docs have been recieved. Should this
It's a bit annoying but while some applicants receive the 'documents received' and 'application being prepared for processing' emails, many do not. Since you've received the email stating that the application is being prepared blah blah, you don't have anything to worry about. If your documents hadn't been received, your application wouldn't be being processed.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's a bit annoying but while some applicants receive the 'documents received' and 'application being prepared for processing' emails, many do not. Since you've received the email stating that the application is being prepared blah blah, you don't have anything to worry about. If your documents hadn't been received, your application wouldn't be being processed.
Thanks that is great to hear - in that case we hopefully we will hear in in the next week!