Application Ready to Send

Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default Application Ready to Send

Hi All. So we applied online for husbands spouse visa on August 1st. He has his bio-metrics appointment this Thursday. This is a list of everything I have put together to send; can you tell me if it is complete or if I have forgotten anything?

Application
Appendix 2 Financial
Sponsorship Undertaking.
His Passport
Do I have to send my passport or a copy????
Divorce certificates
Marriage certificate
birth certificates x 2
Letter from each of us confirming our relationship and wish to live together in UK
Accommodation verification from family member
15 photos of us over the years

We are applying under category E retirement funds and so I am including:

US Social Security letters confirming monthly payments
7 Bank statements showing deposit of those funds

Have I forgotten anything? Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application Ready to Send

Originally Posted by cdfergus
Hi All. So we applied online for husbands spouse visa on August 1st. He has his bio-metrics appointment this Thursday. This is a list of everything I have put together to send; can you tell me if it is complete or if I have forgotten anything?

Application
Appendix 2 Financial
Sponsorship Undertaking.
His Passport
Do I have to send my passport or a copy????
Divorce certificates
Marriage certificate
birth certificates x 2
Letter from each of us confirming our relationship and wish to live together in UK
Accommodation verification from family member
15 photos of us over the years

We are applying under category E retirement funds and so I am including:

US Social Security letters confirming monthly payments
7 Bank statements showing deposit of those funds

Have I forgotten anything? Thanks for your help.
2 UK passport sized photos of your husband

A copy of the bio page of your passport

When I applied from Australia, I also had to include the email that showed I'd paid the health surcharge

No need for a sponsorship undertaking form for a spouse visa application

Best of luck!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
2 UK passport sized photos of your husband

A copy of the bio page of your passport

When I applied from Australia, I also had to include the email that showed I'd paid the health surcharge

No need for a sponsorship undertaking form for a spouse visa application

Best of luck!
Excellent, thank you!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

As well as the photos of us over the years, we also sent a few pieces of correspondence to show we had lived at the same address. Do you have some you can include?

You don't really need birth certificates but no harm in including them. Not sure how it goes now when applying in the US, but do you need shipping labels for return of documents? Also, yes, include any receipts of payments made for the visa and biometrics. Copies of any document you want returned to you. Again, not sure if they are doing scanning of documents when applying from the US but just in case they are not, then make some copies.

Are you able to show that there will be no overcrowding if you are to stay with a family member? Sorry if I have missed information you have given in earlier posts! I am getting really old now!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
As well as the photos of us over the years, we also sent a few pieces of correspondence to show we had lived at the same address. Do you have some you can include?

You don't really need birth certificates but no harm in including them. Not sure how it goes now when applying in the US, but do you need shipping labels for return of documents? Also, yes, include any receipts of payments made for the visa and biometrics. Copies of any document you want returned to you. Again, not sure if they are doing scanning of documents when applying from the US but just in case they are not, then make some copies.

Are you able to show that there will be no overcrowding if you are to stay with a family member? Sorry if I have missed information you have given in earlier posts! I am getting really old now!
I could probably come up with some mail addressed to us both. I will be scanning all the paperwork in myself on my home computer so I have a record.
When we applied, it directed us to a website to pay for and print label for our stuff to be returned; so I will include that also
Old Aug 8th 2017, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, keep copies for yourself but also send copies of any originals you want back or they may keep the originals!
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

zoegs is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

thanks for this helpful list! one follow up question: when you provide a copy of the sponsor's passport (a UK passport) does it have to be certified?

thanks!!
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:12 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoegs
hi there,

thanks for this helpful list! one follow up question: when you provide a copy of the sponsor's passport (a UK passport) does it have to be certified?

thanks!!
No, I didn't certify my sponsor's (husband) UK passport copy, and I got my visa. Good luck with your application.