Application help : Appendix 2

Old Oct 11th 2016, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

HALG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application help : Appendix 2

Can anyone assist with the following query I have completing VAF4A Appendix 2 (Financial Requirement)

We are applying under category B.
At question 3.3, do I complete Part 3A and/or Part 3B, given the sponsor situation is: currently working in UK for last 4 months, previous 8months employment was in Australia.

As sponsor is currently in salaried employment in UK, At first I believed I should be completing part 3a.
But my confusion comes from knowing where to input the Australian employment details, since 3a only talks about Uk employment.
But then 3b is not exactly relevant either as it relates to having a future job offer in uk, and Sponsor is already working in uk.

Can I choose both options at this question?
I.e. Should I complete 3a for current UK employment. And then 3B for previous overseas employment?

Link to appendix is
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

Last edited by HALG; Oct 11th 2016 at 9:18 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application help : Appendix 2

Presume you are applying under Category B

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or
variable income – person residing in the UK

I understand you have been with current UK company for 4 months and had been employed overseas and earning equivalent of 18,600 prior to application.

- 3.3 You check Income from Salaried employment in the UK; You check Category B; you go to Part 3A

- Answer all questions up to and including 3.11
- Questions 3.12 answer no
- Question 3.13 answer no; go to 3.20

- Answer all remaining questions in 3A then complete section 3B

It pays to read through all of the questions of 3A and 3B to understand what information you need to input before completing these sections.

Note that in Section 5 you can input full details of the employment you are basing your application on.