Applicant/Sponsor Letter Help

Old Apr 3rd 2019, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Breefinns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applicant/Sponsor Letter Help

Quick recap: I'm American and my husband is British. We first met in 2010 and later got married & applied for his US Visa, then he finally moved over in 2013. We've been together in the U.S. ever since. Which brings us to today and our current endeavor to move to the UK.

From what I've learned, the applicant letter is an opportunity to explain the validity of the relationship. Should I delve back to the very beginning? Or just recap the 6+ years we've been living together in the U.S.? And is our relationship story the only thing that should be provided here (aside from the usual full name, age, identification info)?

And for the sponsor letter – is this simply my husband providing an "invitation" for me to live with him and a statement that he'll provide financial support? Or does he need to include our relationship history in his own words as well?

Any advice would be appreciated – thanks.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applicant/Sponsor Letter Help

Re: the sponsor letter -- this is the form template I used for my unmarried partner application. Not sure it's applicable, but it can show the level of detail I went into (my application was approved 29 March).
--------------------------------------------------

[date]

[Current address]

To the British High Commission, to whom it may concern,

This letter is to confirm that we, ([your name] and [your spouse’s name]), are currently living together relationship akin to marriage.We met at [please specify, ie work, through mutual friends etc] on the [date] and began dating on the [date]. Our relationship was moved to the next level when we moved in together in [date]. We have lived together as a couple ever since.

I [your name], the British partner, give full support for partner’s [enter spouse’s name] visa application for the UK.

We are both delighted to settle in the UK together. On arrival in the UK I will provide full support for my spouse. I am currently employed and financially able to support my partner without recourse to public fundsORWe both intend to work on arrival in the UK, but also have sufficient savings to support us on arrival and will have no reason to recourse public funds.

We will live together at [my house/my parents house (please insert as appropriate)] where there is ample room for the both of us.

[please provide address of accommodation]

Neither myself nor my spouse have previously been married before OR, I or my spouse have previously been married and since divorced.

[please explain in 1 short paragraph, any time spent apart from each other within the last 2 years]

We hope the information provided in this application is sufficient to establish the genuine nature of our commitment to each other. Should you have any questions regarding us as a couple, or our arrival in the UK, please feel free to contact us on [insert contact number] or [insert contact number.

Regards,

Signature

[your name],
British citizen
Passport Number:

Applicant’s Signature

[applicant's name]
[country] citizen
Passport number:
Old Apr 5th 2019, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Breefinns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applicant/Sponsor Letter Help

It's definitely helpful to have a basic layout to follow and alter as needed! I appreciate your help.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 6:06 pm
Cruising through BE

LARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Applicant/Sponsor Letter Help

Thank you for this.

I will be putting my packet together early before I apply.

Since I don't want to be scrambling at the last moment.