Appendix 2 - Financial Requirements

Old Apr 12th 2019, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

catsutton148 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Appendix 2 - Financial Requirements

Hi,

I'm reading Appendix 2 that the website says we need to complete regarding the financial requirements. The language used in the form doesn't totally apply to us since I am currently living in the USA with my husband - not 'settled' in the UK as it states. But the only option on the form that would remotely apply to our situation is 'applying as a spouse of a person settled in the UK'.
Do we just go ahead and complete the form the best we can given that the questions are geared towards couples where the sponsor is already in the UK?
Old Apr 13th 2019, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

LimeyHoya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Appendix 2 - Financial Requirements

I've just run into this too so if anyone that's already been through this can answer, that'd be great!
Old Apr 13th 2019, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Bad wording...... your Brit sponsor is automatically considered 'settled' when arriving back in UK.

So you ARE applying as spouse of person settled in the UK.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

LimeyHoya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Bad wording...... your Brit sponsor is automatically considered 'settled' when arriving back in UK.

So you ARE applying as spouse of person settled in the UK.
Brilliant! Thanks for confirming (well, at least for me!)
Old Apr 14th 2019, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catsutton148
Hi,

I'm reading Appendix 2 that the website says we need to complete regarding the financial requirements. The language used in the form doesn't totally apply to us since I am currently living in the USA with my husband - not 'settled' in the UK as it states. But the only option on the form that would remotely apply to our situation is 'applying as a spouse of a person settled in the UK'.
Do we just go ahead and complete the form the best we can given that the questions are geared towards couples where the sponsor is already in the UK?
So YOU are the sponsor (ie. the Brit) - in which case your husband is 'applying as a spouse of a person settled in the UK). YOU will be regarded as settled (for immigration purposes) as soon as you return to the UK)