Anyone have experience applying in Istanbul Turkey

Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Hasanp2244 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone have experience applying in Istanbul Turkey

Hi everyone I'm going to be applying for my wife's visa (spouse settlement) in April she is an Iranian citizen now applying in iran is literally pointless they give out appointments every Tuesday at 13:00 the appointment get booked up like it's for a Justin Bieber concert.

Now I have looked at the site on the Timeline page and haven't spotted anyone who has applied in Turkey. My options are Abu Dhabi, Turkey and Dubai. The cheapest route is Turkey and the most expensive is Dubai. I am looking to do the non priority and to get the added value service to get the passport back until the decision is made. Now on the TLS Turkey website I does not give me an option to purchase it. It just says payment on site (card) I have contact TLS they haven't responded.

​​​​​I also have read somewhere that you go to the appointment in Turkey but you have to send the evidence by post to Sheffield but in dubai and Abu Dhabi you don't. Its so confusing. I don't understand something that should be so simple is made extremely difficult.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 9:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone have experience applying in Istanbul Turkey

Originally Posted by Hasanp2244
Hi everyone I'm going to be applying for my wife's visa (spouse settlement) in April she is an Iranian citizen now applying in iran is literally pointless they give out appointments every Tuesday at 13:00 the appointment get booked up like it's for a Justin Bieber concert.

Now I have looked at the site on the Timeline page and haven't spotted anyone who has applied in Turkey. My options are Abu Dhabi, Turkey and Dubai. The cheapest route is Turkey and the most expensive is Dubai. I am looking to do the non priority and to get the added value service to get the passport back until the decision is made. Now on the TLS Turkey website I does not give me an option to purchase it. It just says payment on site (card) I have contact TLS they haven't responded.

​​​​​I also have read somewhere that you go to the appointment in Turkey but you have to send the evidence by post to Sheffield but in dubai and Abu Dhabi you don't. Its so confusing. I don't understand something that should be so simple is made extremely difficult.
You can help your wife to fill in the application, but she needs to submit it from her home country, or a country she's living in legally as a resident (not a visitor)
Old Feb 21st 2019, 11:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There are definitely timelines in the timeline thread from those who have applied in Turkey - try using the search function but maybe try ‘Ankara’ as your search term.

But as above, she can’t apply from Turkey anyway unless she’s living there.

Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There are definitely timelines in the timeline thread from those who have applied in Turkey - try using the search function but maybe try ‘Ankara’ as your search term.

But as above, she can’t apply from Turkey anyway unless she’s living there.

Good luck.
She doesn't live there she lives in iran but when you go to book the appointment on the visa website it states you can apply in the following counties dubai abu dhabi and Turkey. Unless we are filling the wrong application out.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

for some reason if I remember correctly there ware another Iranian couple applied through istanbul early summer. but not 100% sure. I'll try to dig if i have time.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nora_
for some reason if I remember correctly there ware another Iranian couple applied through istanbul early summer. but not 100% sure. I'll try to dig if i have time.
That would be excellent thank you
Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't live there she lives in iran but when you go to book the appointment on the visa website it states you can apply in the following counties dubai abu dhabi and Turkey. Unless we are filling the wrong application out.
My apologies, you're correct. Thanks for updating my knowledge
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...k-visa-in-iran
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Aha, new info! Still lots of timeline experiences though if you have a dig around, but search by city rather than just country too.

Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Aha, new info! Still lots of timeline experiences though if you have a dig around, but search by city rather than just country too.

Good luck.
Yeah I just discovered on my key board you can search individual words so it's made my job a whole easier.