Anyone else experiencing delays from the US?

Old Nov 27th 2018, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone else experiencing delays from the US?

Hi,
I've been told by the contact centre that there are experiencing delays with US settlement applications and wondered if anyone else is in the same boat and might have some more information. They can't tell me how long the delays will last so I'm interested to hear from those of you still waiting and if you've been approved how much longer did it take? On the phone I was told they are processing the visas in New York not Sheffield which is why there is a delay. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Anyone else experiencing delays from the US?

I've posted my timeline on the timeline thread for reference.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Jcarcher680 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent mine to Sheffield August 30 and it was recieved Sept 3. When I did a status check at 30WD I was never told about delays specific to the US nor that I was supposed to have sent it to NY. We got a decision email last Tuesday at 60WD and will get our docs by courier tomorrow which would put us at 66WD. TBH, in comparison to other nationalities in this forum, I don't see many other Americans applying so I wonder why there'd be a delay specific to the US. *shrug *

Hope you hear something soon!
Old Nov 28th 2018, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

I think you may have just missed the changes then as documents were still being sent to Sheffield in August. I was told by the contact centre these issues only came about due to the change in where to send your supporting documents in September.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 5:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Your timeline says you applied end of Sept, so it's only been a couple of months? Or have I misread it?
Old Nov 28th 2018, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

No you're right. We're on 43 BD since biometrics but paid priority. It's only because I called up and they told me there were delays from the US. Was just trying to get an idea of how long they are.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Lets_Play is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm currently on 36 wd and I paid for priority.

Here is my timeline for reference:
Online App Submitted: Oct 22nd
Biometrics: Oct 25th
Document received in NY: Oct 26th
Documents received by Sheffield email: Nov 27th
Called to Escalate: Dec 7th

When we called they told us they usually respond to the escalation within a couple of days. We called again on Dec 12th since we never heard anything back and we were told it could take up to 15 days to hear back. They said within that time frame, we'll either get a decision email or an email regarding the escalation. Its been 5 days since the escalation and we still haven't heard anything....

Hopefully we all receive our decisions soon!
Old Dec 14th 2018, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow hubby just applied on Nov 30th biometrics done 4th December. Unfortunately priority just means ahead of the line and it seems like a lot people apply for priority including us We have realized from many posts we just need to wait. However it seems like since the new service centers have opened in the UK and you can actually scan your own documents in to VFS that there seems to be surge of decisions.
hopefully yo get a nice Christmas gift !!!
Good luck
Old Dec 18th 2018, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by A3am
No you're right. We're on 43 BD since biometrics but paid priority. It's only because I called up and they told me there were delays from the US. Was just trying to get an idea of how long they are.
Any news on the visa ?