Anyone applying for UK Spouse Visa from Hong Kong?

Old May 16th 2018, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

shaam is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Anyone applying for UK Spouse Visa from Hong Kong?

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You can use multiple accounts in multiple denominations providing the funds being used have been held for at least six months unless they were derived from the sale of the property.

Is your wife earning £17,000 pa in the UK? Has she been earning that salary for at least the last six months?
just 1 more question, can the banks be in different countries? say 1 in H.K & 1 in U.K.
Old May 16th 2018, 1:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone applying for UK Spouse Visa from Hong Kong?

Originally Posted by shaam
just 1 more question, can the banks be in different countries? say 1 in H.K & 1 in U.K.
Yes.
Old May 16th 2018, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Yes.
Really Really grateful @BritishParis
Old Jun 15th 2018, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys

i was filling the appendix 2 and the meeting financial requirement part has me confused, i hope someone can guide me.

If my sponsor has been working for the same employer for 6 months prior to the visa application and earned 17K pa + use 20K to meet the financial requirement then how do i go about this section ? Does she come under Category A or B?

I'd be super grateful for your help!
Old Jun 18th 2018, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

i was filling the appendix 2 and the meeting financial requirement part has me confused, i hope someone can guide me.

If my sponsor has been working for the same employer for 6 months prior to the visa application and earned 17K pa + use 20K to meet the financial requirement then how do i go about this section ? Does she come under Category A or B?

I'd be super grateful for your help!
Shaam, good luck in your application.
When you do your bio-metrics at Causeway Bay, stay cool and pace yourself.
VFS staff will confuse you by asking this and that to fulfil their requirements.
Just ensure at the end, you submit the bundle if the order that you like.

Old Jun 18th 2018, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219
Shaam, good luck in your application.
When you do your bio-metrics at Causeway Bay, stay cool and pace yourself.
VFS staff will confuse you by asking this and that to fulfil their requirements.
Just ensure at the end, you submit the bundle if the order that you like.

Dear Uxbridge,

Thank you so much for the kind reminder.

I am planning to use the service of a lawyer in the UK. So i will book my appointment with VFS for Bio and then send all the documents to my sponsor, get it checked by the lawyer and then send it to Sheffield. I make careless mistakes so don't want to risk my application ! WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOUR ADVICE ON THIS!
Old Jun 18th 2018, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

JaridineHK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HKG3
Being a Commonwealth citizen in the UK enables him to register to vote in all UK elections (useful to build up his own credit history in the UK) and apply for some UK civil service jobs.
May I ask how to register BN(O) holder without UK resident address in UK to vote in UK elections ?
Thanks !
Old Jun 19th 2018, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JaridineHK
May I ask how to register BN(O) holder without UK resident address in UK to vote in UK elections ?
Thanks !
you cannot.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 11:59 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaridineHK
Thanks !
You need to be a resident, or previously resident within the last 15 years, in the UK to register on the electoral roll.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

nerner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by speechbubble
My husband is currently applying for a UK Spouse Visa from Hong Kong.
We researched on its process over a year ago, then everything changed completely. Now we've finally submitted on-line app and awaiting VFS HK appointment and submitting documents to Sheffield.

Even after all that time of researching and prep, it's still nerve wrecking, wondering we've got everything right, please support each other here during this time of waiting!! Can anyone share of their VFS and document submitting experience? eg, no more scanning of docs at VFS now but sending direct to Sheffield, right?
Did you send the application form yet? Priority or non priority?
Old Nov 14th 2018, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

HKtoUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by speechbubble
My husband is currently applying for a UK Spouse Visa from Hong Kong.
We researched on its process over a year ago, then everything changed completely. Now we've finally submitted on-line app and awaiting VFS HK appointment and submitting documents to Sheffield.

Even after all that time of researching and prep, it's still nerve wrecking, wondering we've got everything right, please support each other here during this time of waiting!! Can anyone share of their VFS and document submitting experience? eg, no more scanning of docs at VFS now but sending direct to Sheffield, right?
hi just saw your post while I am looking for information about the UK spouse visa. I applied it 3 years ago, but then I left UK and now I have to apply again. I am quite confused when checking all the info. Really hope you can help me. Thanks in advanced.
May I know about the ''supporting document'', may I know if i send all the document to sheffield before or after my bio-metric appointment in causeway bay? Is it mean in that VF centre, I don't have to submit any ''supporting document ''? only hand in the printed application form? (passport I have to submit too?)
I saw your timeline, have you use the priority service?
Thank you so much and really hope you or anyone can help me here. Thank you very much!
Old Nov 14th 2018, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HKtoUK
hi just saw your post while I am looking for information about the UK spouse visa. I applied it 3 years ago, but then I left UK and now I have to apply again. I am quite confused when checking all the info. Really hope you can help me. Thanks in advanced.
May I know about the ''supporting document'', may I know if i send all the document to sheffield before or after my bio-metric appointment in causeway bay? Is it mean in that VF centre, I don't have to submit any ''supporting document ''? only hand in the printed application form? (passport I have to submit too?)
I saw your timeline, have you use the priority service?
Thank you so much and really hope you or anyone can help me here. Thank you very much!
Hi

You make an online application + make an appointment for Bio. when you go for Bio in CWB you have the option of sending all your ( Documents + Printed application form) through them (VFS) or if you want to send it by yourself you can do that as well.

You have to send all the documents AFTER the bio
Old Nov 15th 2018, 9:59 am
Just Joined

HKtoUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

You make an online application + make an appointment for Bio. when you go for Bio in CWB you have the option of sending all your ( Documents + Printed application form) through them (VFS) or if you want to send it by yourself you can do that as well.

Thank you so much! It is very helpful!
Old Jan 8th 2019, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Throttle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Not any longer if VFS Global in HK is to be believed - I don't usually, after 6 years of experience of the shambles.

"Supporting documents should be sent as soon as possible to the UK after you have completed the online application form, and should include your GWF number. The documents may be sent before your application, passport and biometric data are submitted"

Really odd. Not least the contradiction as soon as possible after you have completed the online application form. Only for the next sentence to state they may be sent before your application is submitted!!!

How are you supposed to submit your passport separately after Bio?? Sounds like a recipe for lost documents.

I smell another UKVI/VFS premium service gouge here. Bet you can only submit the passport separately after Bio through the VFS Courier service for HK$3,100.....
Old Jan 8th 2019, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

inggris is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to be a resident, or previously resident within the last 15 years, in the UK to register on the electoral roll.
Does a commonwealth citizen need to wait for a period of time to register on the electoral roll after he/she enters the UK with a spouse visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.