Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Any recent settlement visa processing times from USA to UK?

Any recent settlement visa processing times from USA to UK?

Old Mar 30th 2015, 10:47 pm
Wabi Sabi

Pearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to all
Default Any recent settlement visa processing times from USA to UK?

I won't go in to the heinous details (I'm looking at you Lloyd's bank) of why I sent my visa application in a bit late, but does anyone have recent times of how long it took to receive notice (and get their documents returned). Yes, I have looked up the wait times percentages on gov.uk, but I'm nervous (as a 3-legged cat on a marble floor), and need some (re)assurance!

We have plans to leave the US on April 23, and my husband flew to the UK to pick up a 6 month bank statement from Lloyd's and mail it to Sheffield along with my app and all the other docs, and from the tracking number, the Sheffield office received it March 23. We included a 2-3 day return envelope to the US. I believe all our documents are in order (hubby is retired and we don't have to worry about base income).

I need my passport so we can take a 2-week transatlantic cruise to Southhampton (yes, we have trip insurance in case everything goes t*ts up - lol). So, if anyone has good news to share on their processing time, please do!
Old Mar 31st 2015, 8:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recent settlement visa processing times from USA to UK?

Did you pay for priority processing?
Old Mar 31st 2015, 9:02 pm
Wabi Sabi

Pearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to allPearlgirl is a name known to all

No, we didn't. I didn't realize you had to pay for priority at the beginning of the process, so we things started going south, it was too late.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Leelee1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I was looking around for similar and couldn't seem to see any recent posts on UK settlement visa processing times, again, I did look on:

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement

Which seems to suggest most are processed in 30 days...100% done in 60 days....but was also looking for real life people saying how fast they were being processed at the moment! I echo your feelings of nervousness for sure....

Have you had any updates on your case thus far?