Wikiposts

Another so far Singh Experiences

Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

euroguys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another so far Singh Experiences

Hi every one .

I thought I would give some updates on overall experiences since our journey began.

We arrived via the northen spain port of santander a few hours early,armed with printouts of the border force ops manual, Sing/Eindt Judgement and with a cooperative but non briefed ferry guy overcame the *you need a visa" in about an hour with severall calls to Portsmouth Immigration (+442392952749) they currently answer as Border Force, Got approval to board.

On arrival they were not very clued up and I presented a folder with all our docs they ran out of interest after passports ,european residencey card for the non eea family, marriage cert, offer of work (im a Brit) They were not interested in the tax docs I had, demonstrating my self employment and seemed happy to stop writing things down.

The family got a entry clearance stamp which says 6 months leave ,nothing about work or access to public funds, they also said "you should have applied for a entry visa and now should apply for an eea2 which I failed to agree with.

About 35 mins from arrival we were on our way.

Next applied for a Nino and the missus got an appointment in about a week, at the interview I intervened when the questions went off of "Identity check" and it was quiet lively for a short time.

Nino arrived in 8 days

Missus had work offered after 10 weeks the employers help line told employer she couldnt work without a resident card.

Fortunatly the employer had listened sympatheticaly to what I had explained and I called them ,spoke to the same guy and he then agreed she could work and called the employer and it was sorted phew

Prior to this I applied for tax credits child and working and this took 2 months and 3 long calls to sort I hadnt realised that Child Benifit is the key to the others and had applied a bit behind ,it should be first guys as they use it to check any childrens ID I had to send the nippers passport and birth cert in the end even though i had previously sent copies taken and authenticated by HMRC . This Child Ben has still not been paid but WTC and CTC have now been paid together with arrears.

Our local council also wanted to do an habitual residency test and visited a couple of times said they were unsure of the misus and nippers status but finaly agreed to accept us on a duty of homelessness care after I had supplied them with the Singh#Eindt judgments to read

This week we have opened a joint bank account this was also an edjucational experience for the empathatic bank staff, we were also lucky that the "entry clearance" had more than 30 days left

On all forms, where asked about the missus "immigration status" I have said unlimited and not subject to visa.

It is now getting close to time to consider whether to apply for eea2 or duke it out.

If anyone has any questions I will be happy too expand were possible without becoming to identifiable.

I will do my best now I am properly on line to contribute within the scope of our experience.

I am particularly interested in the unlawfull charging of fees from UKBA

Also what I see as no need to resubmit the same evidence (Singh/Eindt)when perhaps seeking PR confirmation down the road,. only residence proofs

Im also keen to send in some what do they know requests when I have thought them through