Another ILR application question

Old Jun 13th 2022, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Cockneykiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another ILR application question

I'm either being a bit thick or anxious I'm misinterpreting the wording:

"Does a relative or friend of you or your spouse or partner (if applicable) regularly give you money?" Yes /No

Are they asking if my Wife receives money from a relative/ friend or me, her Spouse?
If I select Yes, they ask for a specific amount. As we have a joint account, she just takes money out when needed. I don't give her specific amounts each month.
Could someone clarify please.

Thank you.
Old Jun 13th 2022, 2:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another ILR application question

I'm reading that as another relative i.e. a third party. So they're asking if any other relative or friend (outside of the marriage) gives you money/supports you financially.
Old Jun 13th 2022, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cockneykiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another ILR application question

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm reading that as another relative i.e. a third party. So they're asking if any other relative or friend (outside of the marriage) gives you money/supports you financially.
That's how I was reading it but got myself overthinking it. I have written a cover letter saying I can support my wife financially if she becomes unemployed. Plus we have combined savings, we which are providing statements for. I hoping they will take all of that into account.
Thank you again for your help. I don't know what I would do without the guidance from the wonderful people on this site!