Ancestry Visa and Partner question

Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Gez_ChCh will become famous soon enough
Default Ancestry Visa and Partner question

Hi,

Will make this short and concise.

I lived in the UK for a long time on a work visa sponsored through my company at the time. Never bothered to apply for ILR (stupid me). Anyway, I left and moved to NZ where I now hold residency.

My new partner (NZ citizen) qualifies for a UK Ancestry visa through her Scottish grandfather. She already applied once for it back in 2008 and spent 5 years in the UK before returning to NZ in 2013.

We've started thinking about the potential of moving back to the UK based on her visa. I could apply for a work visa again but then have to go through the pains of finding a job first and sponsorship, etc etc. We've thought that this way might be easier.

- Is there a specific visa form to complete? Been on the UK border agency website and it's seemingly purposely confusing.
- What sort of evidence do we have to supply to 'prove' we've been together for about 2 years soon? We have all the usual, tenancy agreements, bank statements, etc etc. But can't find anything concrete anywhere.
- Would we be hit with the Family Migration financial requirements. even though she's not actually there yet earning an income? We'll have about 60-70k GBP in cash if it helps at all?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers