Ancestry visa documents and timing

Old Dec 19th 2018, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

annacreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ancestry visa documents and timing

Hi there,
I am after some advice about our Ancestry Visa application for my husband.

We have completed the online form and he just went to have the Biometrics done. At that appointment we were told we now have 5 days to get all the documents sent off! I was assuming we would be given longer than that.
We have applied for his Grandfather's birth certificate from the UK and according to the GRO it has been dispatched on 30th Nov. The post here in NZ is so slow at the moment and it hasn't arrived!! Panic!!
I have taken a screen shot of the GRO post that says it's been dispatched but we're not sure whether to wait or send the application as it is??
Also with the 5 days now so close to Christmas do you think it would matter if it was after Christmas?

Also, I think we have been a bit eager with sending the application in as we thought it was going to take 3 months. We read that somewhere. We were't wanting to move until April, which we put on the visa form. Do you know if they will issue the visa for those later dates as we stated?
I guess if they give us immediate dates we can apply for a vignette transfer is that right?

We did pay to send an email to the Visa UK people with all the details of the application on and then they said they couldn't answer any individual questions!! What on earth did we pay for then??
Any advice or previous experience greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Old Dec 19th 2018, 11:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ancestry visa documents and timing

So you applied for a visa without having the supporting documents in hand even though you don’t intend to travel for another four to five months?

Sending off an incomplete set of supporting documents is a waste of time and will likely simply result in a refusal. Did you pay for priority postage?