ancestry visa dependant clarification

Old Dec 22nd 2014, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

darkstone1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ancestry visa dependant clarification

I think I may have miss understood, some information supplied to me by an agent in an email a few months back,
because after a ring an agent to clear up a things today I got a bit of a shock and may have my timelines out by 3 months, which has made life awkward

i got this as part of an email

You can include your children as dependents in this application providing they are under the age of 18 at the time of submission. If the child/children’s other birth parent is not migrating then you will need to obtain written consent from the non-migrating parent that they give permission for their child/children to migrate to the UK with you.

now I took this as long as lodgement has been made I would potentially have up to 3 months after the dependent turns 18 to give an intention of travel date.

What I got told today was that it has to be completed before they turn 18 including the intention of travel before their 18.
and supposedly this is in the UKBA guidance notes but couldn't find anything on this.

Is there anyone else knowledgeable on here that could clear this up.