am I still classed as settled in the uk

Old Apr 2nd 2015, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default am I still classed as settled in the uk

I'm a pom and I've been in nz for 7 years an am looking at going home perminantly
and taking my kiwi wife with me.
For the purpose of the wifes visa applications am I classed as settled in the UK.
The visas are for "joining a spouse who is settled" but I am
still in nz and the plan is we would go together.
Confused !!
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 11:59 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: am I still classed as settled in the uk

Originally Posted by Justcol
I'm a pom and I've been in nz for 7 years an am looking at going home perminantly
and taking my kiwi wife with me.
For the purpose of the wifes visa applications am I classed as settled in the UK.
The visas are for "joining a spouse who is settled" but I am
still in nz and the plan is we would go together.
Confused !!
Yes, this is written very confusingly. The spouse visa directions used to say "joining a spouse who is either settled or has the full right to settle" but somehow in all the rules changes this second part got left out of much of the spouse visa language.

Perhaps they mean that if you're British, you're regarded as "settled" whenever you wish to do so. But I really wish they'd correct that sloppy language--it trips up & worries many people....
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As a British citizen, for immigration purposes, you are regarded as "settled" as soon as you set foot in the UK.

So, even if you are returning/entering the UK with your sponsored partner, YOU are regarded as the settled person,

Applying for spouse visa for joining settled person is correct.

Bad wording.
Old Apr 4th 2015, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You, early stages and already its confusing !!