Am i eligible

Old Nov 15th 2019, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Jagaban is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am i eligible

Hi
I am a Canadian citizen born by a British born mother before 1983...i was given up for adoption 3 days after my birth in Canada because of my birth mothers young age at that time.i have already submitted my application before I found this wonderful forum.
Am I eligible to apply for UKM...I have my biological mothers name and name given to me at birth on my uncertified live birth registration statement that's the original birth certificate and I have my adoptive parents name on my amended birth certificate issued by the province in ontario.
I included my Canadian birth certificate that indicates my adoptive parents name and also my uncertified birth registration that indicates my birth mothers name.
my birth mathers Canadian passport because she left England at 10yrs and naturalized in canada.
my marriage certificate and my Canadian passport.
my birth mothers UK birth certificate and a cover note of explanation and also my birth mothers Canadian proof of citizenship..
please I will appreciate your input.
cheers
Jagaban

Last edited by Jagaban; Nov 15th 2019 at 8:54 am.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 6:35 am
Just Joined

JoanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am i eligible

On another forum there was a similar case (but from South Africa). He, too, was adopted and successfully applied for British citizenship via UKM based on his British birth mother. So good luck with your application. Patience is key to this whole process 🍀😊
Old Nov 16th 2019, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoanM View Post
On another forum there was a similar case (but from South Africa). He, too, was adopted and successfully applied for British citizenship via UKM based on his British birth mother. So good luck with your application. Patience is key to this whole process 🍀😊
Thanks Joan..Yes is just patience as you said.....fingers crossed anyway am hopeful it will be a favorable outcome but if it goes the other way round fine and good.
Old Nov 18th 2019, 12:33 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you are eligible and it sounds like you have the documents you need.
Old Nov 18th 2019, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Yes, you are eligible and it sounds like you have the documents you need.
thanks so much....I submitted all photo copies of my documents no originals and non of the copies where certified hope it will be accepted and also only photo copy of my passport data page instead of all the passport pages like I read in the forum that people submit.
My British biological mothers name was indicated in my live birth registration statement while my adoptive parents name was indicated in my birth certificate issued by the province of Ontario.
Old Nov 18th 2019, 11:00 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jagaban View Post
thanks so much....I submitted all photo copies of my documents no originals and non of the copies where certified hope it will be accepted and also only photo copy of my passport data page instead of all the passport pages like I read in the forum that people submit.
My British biological mothers name was indicated in my live birth registration statement while my adoptive parents name was indicated in my birth certificate issued by the province of Ontario.
If you applied by post then you need to submit original documents.
Old Nov 18th 2019, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

If you applied by post then you need to submit original documents.
I applied online and sent the documents by dhl and in the checklist they said copies are recommended.
Old Nov 18th 2019, 12:10 pm

I applied online and sent the documents by dhl and in the checklist they said copies are recommended.
Let us know how you get on.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I am a Canadian citizen born by a British born mother before 1983...i was given up for adoption 3 days after my birth in Canada because of my birth mothers young age at that time.i have already submitted my application before I found this wonderful forum.
Am I eligible to apply for UKM...I have my biological mothers name and name given to me at birth on my uncertified live birth registration statement that's the original birth certificate and I have my adoptive parents name on my amended birth certificate issued by the province in ontario.
I included my Canadian birth certificate that indicates my adoptive parents name and also my uncertified birth registration that indicates my birth mothers name.
my birth mathers Canadian passport because she left England at 10yrs and naturalized in canada.
my marriage certificate and my Canadian passport.
my birth mothers UK birth certificate and a cover note of explanation and also my birth mothers Canadian proof of citizenship..
please I will appreciate your input.
cheers
Jagaban
Update
Request for biometrics email received 18/11/2919
Old Nov 21st 2019, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Update
Request for biometrics email received 18/11/2919
Biometrics done 20/11/2019
Old Sep 9th 2020, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Good Day All.
has any one been able to take his or her oath ceremony since covid 19 pandemic era?
my application was approved since January 30th 2020 and I was informed by the British embassy staff in Toronto in February 2020 but up till now no further update as regards when the ceremony will be held.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Good Day All.
has any one been able to take his or her oath ceremony since covid 19 pandemic era?
my application was approved since January 30th 2020 and I was informed by the British embassy staff in Toronto in February 2020 but up till now no further update as regards when the ceremony will be held.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Good Day All.
Today I received citizenship oath invite for 18th of September 2020 at British high comission Toronto making it 8 months after receiving the approval letter...no invited guest is allowed and social distancing must be adhered to because of covid 19.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 1:20 am

Great news, thanks for the update!
Old Sep 16th 2020, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Great news, thanks for the update!
Many thanks Brit the wait time was crazy though...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.