Am I being overly anxious

Old Jul 10th 2016, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lmr529 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I being overly anxious

Hi, we submitted our UPS PRIORITY Spouse Visa application (Category 3E using 2 SSA pensions and 1 UK State pension, comfortably over £18,600.00) on June 23, tracked it's receipt in Sheffield on June 27 at 8.41 AM signed for and left at Dock. We haven't heard ANYTHING, no confirmation if receipt etc. Does anyone have any ideas?
Please help
Old Jul 10th 2016, 9:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being overly anxious

Originally Posted by Lmr529
Hi, we submitted our UPS PRIORITY Spouse Visa application (Category 3E using 2 SSA pensions and 1 UK State pension, comfortably over £18,600.00) on June 23, tracked it's receipt in Sheffield on June 27 at 8.41 AM signed for and left at Dock. We haven't heard ANYTHING, no confirmation if receipt etc. Does anyone have any ideas?
Please help
When I applied from Australia the first I heard back was that a decision had been made - no confirmation of receipt etc.

Your application only arrived 10 working days ago. The following table taken from the Home Office website shows the April stats for how many working days it took to process the relevant percentage of settlement visa applications from the US. You're still well within this range. Don't forget that processing times vary in accordance with a number of different factors as well. I know it's an anxious time but try to relax. Best of luck!

Number of days to process application
3% of applications are decided in 2 days
12% in 3 days
40% in 5 days
54% in 10 days
63% in 15 days
96% in 30 days
Old Jul 10th 2016, 10:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Check if the fee has been taken. If it has then your application is being processed.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Spouse of Scouse - Thanks for your encouraging words. I'll try "sitting on my hands" for a week.....
Old Jul 10th 2016, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Brit In Paris - our three payments Imm Health Surcharge $912, UK Visa Fee $1,816 and UKVI Charges London SW1E 5 $911 were all charged on Credit Card on June 17th the day I submitted the electronic Application Form..... did I make a mistake?
Old Jul 10th 2016, 10:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Brit In Paris - our three payments Imm Health Surcharge $912, UK Visa Fee $1,816 and UKVI Charges London SW1E 5 $911 were all charged on Credit Card on June 17th the day I submitted the electronic Application Form..... did I make a mistake?
In that case ignore my previous post.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

Did you pay extra for priority processing? If not then you may have a bit more of a wait before you here anything..
Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Dundee 15 - yes we paid an extra $911 for priority and we put August 10 as our desired travel date.....
Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

I am sure you will hear soon.. I think with all the uncertainty due to the Brexit there will be many people applying now and it is prime vacation time in England..
Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dundee15
I am sure you will hear soon.. I think with all the uncertainty due to the Brexit there will be many people applying now and it is prime vacation time in England..
Dundee 15 - thanks for you good thought.

Does anyone know a way of contacting a live person to double check that it is not still sitting in the Dock area of there premises (that's where the UPS tracking says it was signed for and left.....?
Old Jul 12th 2016, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Dundee 15 - thanks for you good thought.

Does anyone know a way of contacting a live person to double check that it is not still sitting in the Dock area of there premises (that's where the UPS tracking says it was signed for and left.....?

Slightly different, but I applied to the DVLA for a provisional driving licence. I used special delivery, fully track-able. For days it just say 'on its way' and I phoned about 3 times and they just said they get loads of sacks of mail, just like the passport office, HMRC etc, and it wouldn't come up as actually delivered until somebody opened the sack.

Two days later my certs came back and another two days after I got the DL.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
Slightly different, but I applied to the DVLA for a provisional driving licence. I used special delivery, fully track-able. For days it just say 'on its way' and I phoned about 3 times and they just said they get loads of sacks of mail, just like the passport office, HMRC etc, and it wouldn't come up as actually delivered until somebody opened the sack.

Two days later my certs came back and another two days after I got the DL.
LondonSquirell - wish I had a phone number.... The UPS tracking thingy also gave the name of someone who apparently signed for it but it only said worldwide saver. OH I,v just had a thought, was I supposed to write PRIORITY on the outside of the shipping box? Oh, wha a stupid mistake. I don't suppose there is any way to correct this? And I paid an extra $911 for priority
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

LondonSquirell - wish I had a phone number.... The UPS tracking thingy also gave the name of someone who apparently signed for it but it only said worldwide saver. OH I,v just had a thought, was I supposed to write PRIORITY on the outside of the shipping box? Oh, wha a stupid mistake. I don't suppose there is any way to correct this? And I paid an extra $911 for priority
I don't think there is anything you can do.. You should have marked the outside of the packet with PRIORITY so it could be removed from the regular mail and passed for priority processing... Maybe you could try to email them.. [email protected]

Last edited by Dundee15; Jul 12th 2016 at 6:20 pm. Reason: To add emailaddress
Old Jul 12th 2016, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh I wouldn't have thought of that either! I would assume that the priority applications were sorted from the regular ones once opened.

I know it's nail-biting but I'm sure you'll hear soon. I think as long as you've definitely demonstrated that you meet the financial criteria you are assured of getting the visa.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dundee15
I don't think there is anything you can do.. You should have marked the outside of the packet with PRIORITY so it could be removed from the regular mail and passed for priority processing... Maybe you could try to email them.. [email protected]
Dundee15 - thank you so much for the email address. I've just sent something off to them including a copy of the VFZ postage receipt etc as well as the GWF number. I am SO stupid you have no idea what I could cheerfully do to myself just now....

Will post again with any news. Thank you all for all your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.