Almost time to apply for the FLR....

Old Jan 4th 2022, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Almost time to apply for the FLR....

Hi folks! I can't believe how time has flown, but it's almost time to apply for my husband's FLR. His BRP expires on 13/3/2022.

I'm feeling quite dusty as far as immigration things go. Settling in during the pandemic (coupled with six months of not being allowed to drive independently after the government failed to extend the one-year grace period for foreign licence holders and simultaneously shut the DVLA/DVSA down for more than three months — but that's another story) has occupied all of our mental energy. I'm sure many other people who arrived recently feel the same way!

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate some guidance from experienced forum members, who've been so helpful in the past. We really want to get this right!

Q1: We make more than the minimum required to fulfil the financial obligation via work. Am I right in thinking that I'll need six monthly' payslips and a letter from my employer to clarify salary? I'm switching jobs this month, so it'll be something like four wage slips from the first employer and two from the second. Is a letter from the second (current) employer enough, or should I include the initial offer letter from the previous employer?

Q2: We do also still have just enough in the savings account to cover the financial obligation. Is it simpler to choose that option than the employment option (payslips/employer letter)? The bank provides a quarterly statement, rather than a monthly statement, on our savings account. Will a quarterly statement work, or should we ask the bank for a letter confirming the amount in the account?

Q3: Am I correct in thinking that it would be best to apply within 28 days of 13/3 — so about 13/2 onward?

I think that's it for now. We'd be so thankful for advice — I'm sure these questions have been asked a lot over the years, but things seem to change on a whim these days...
Old Jan 4th 2022, 2:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost time to apply for the FLR....

A1. Six months worth of payslips, corresponding bank statements and employer letter if you’ve had the same employer for the preceding six months. You’ll need 12 months worth if you’re switching jobs before submitting and a letter from both employers. If your husband is working and can meet the income threshold through his income alone it may be easier to use his salaried income if he will have been with the same company for six months by March.

A2. Much simpler, particularly given you are changing employers. So long as the bank statements cover the entire six month period prior to application then you are good to go.

A3. That’s correct. After 13 February but before the end of the month so your payslips and bank statements are up to date.
Old Jan 4th 2022, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost time to apply for the FLR....

Ah, brilliant BiP! Thank you so much! We'll just go with the savings route then. Simpler is better!