AirBnB accommodation evidence for UK spouse visa

Old Feb 2nd 2022, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AirBnB accommodation evidence for UK spouse visa

Hi -

Would really appreciate advice here.

Coming back to the UK with non-EU spouse after 10 years away from the UK.

We are meeting all the requirements , however a bit stuck on the accommodation proof.

Even though it is a formality and we are not planning to stay with them , one relative (cousin) and an old friend (both of them are homeowners) are reluctant to provide personal information (like deeds, etc) beyond the signed letter itself permitting us to stay. I am concerned that this would not be enough.

Hence the question : has anyone recently used Air BnB booking in the case of UK spouse visa ? And how the address can be included in the form as from my experience Air BnB do not share the actual address until much later?

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks !
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 10:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AirBnB accommodation evidence for UK spouse visa

Hi, welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by Katerina1
Even though it is a formality and we are not planning to stay with them
What do you mean you're not planning to stay with them? Where are you planning on staying then, in the Air BnB or somewhere else?
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi sorry , yes should have clarified that we plan to stay in Air BnB for about a month (as we stayed on our previous stays in the UK) with the view of finding our own long-term rented accommodation.
But after the initial research it looked like it was better to provide a set of documents from relatives/friends , hence we didn’t consider Air BnB (until now…)

Regards ,
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 11:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sorry , yes should have clarified that we plan to stay in Air BnB for about a month (as we stayed on our previous stays in the UK) with the view of finding our own long-term rented accommodation.
But after the initial research it looked like it was better to provide a set of documents from relatives/friends , hence we didn’t consider Air BnB (until now…)

Regards ,
OK, you can't provide details of your friends/relatives house anyway if you won't be living there then.

Lots of people have used Air BnB, general recommendation is to book somewhere for 3 months, but if you find a flexible one then you could leave earlier if you find longer term accommodation sooner.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Okay thanks for the info , this is what I found during my research as well. So it’s good to reconfirm.

My other question is how to reflect the address of Air BNB host in the UK spouse application form itself ?

Based on my previous experience of booking with Air BnB they share the actual address much later just prior to the check-in date (which is obviously unclear until my husband’s spouse visa is approved). I recall that they market the property on the web-site using a more genetic location.

Any info would be appreciated . Thanks again.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 11:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Okay thanks for the info , this is what I found during my research as well. So it’s good to reconfirm.

My other question is how to reflect the address of Air BNB host in the UK spouse application form itself ?

Based on my previous experience of booking with Air BnB they share the actual address much later just prior to the check-in date (which is obviously unclear until my husband’s spouse visa is approved). I recall that they market the property on the web-site using a more genetic location.

Any info would be appreciated . Thanks again.
As an Air BnB host myself, it will depend on the settings the host has chosen - some will give it upon bookings, others not until nearer the time. But if you contact the host and ask them for the address, and explain it's for a visa application, they should be fine with providing it (I'd maybe do that before booking though, just to make sure).

HTH.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Okay thanks , this makes sense actually .
Old Feb 10th 2022, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

EziO is an unknown quantity at this point

Instead of AirBnB if your cousins are still willing to provide you with a letter, you can get a copy of their property deeds from the UK land Registry's website. It's a public document and it only costs 3 pounds to download it. All you need is their full address. Goodluck.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

1. Thanks a lot - actually this is a great idea !
Old Feb 10th 2022, 4:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

1. Thanks a lot - actually this is a great idea !
It’s not if you won’t be staying there, as you’ve said above?
Old Feb 10th 2022, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Actually no.

And in any case we got full accommodation support letter from an old friend of mine instead. The Land Registry copy she sent through is not very clear so I might download a clear copy from this site as per your advice.

Thanks again!
Old Feb 10th 2022, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

You also need to include some sort of evidence to prove that the accommodation is adequate and that it will not be overcrowded. In the form of council tax letter, inspection report, utility bills or in our case, we also included photographs and floor plans from rightmove.com which where posted online just before our friend purchased the property in 2019. You may already know this but as a returning spouse you must have a job offer in the UK starting no later than 3 months (i think but check this) after you arrive back in the UK.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting a visa is an expensive and emotional exercise, and with the risk and stress of being declined on a technicality I personally would keep everything above board. If you aren’t intending to stay there, go the airbnb route where you will actually stay. More effort, but peace of mind! Good luck!
Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:44 am
Just Joined

100 percent agree. You have to be absolutely honest on your application. The truth is easy to defend.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 3:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Actually no.

And in any case we got full accommodation support letter from an old friend of mine instead. The Land Registry copy she sent through is not very clear so I might download a clear copy from this site as per your advice.

Thanks again!
It's still not clear where you're actually planning on staying, as the others have said above, if you won't be staying with this old friend, then don't use her address. That's visa fraud, and definitely not worth risking.