After recieving spouse visa.

Old Aug 30th 2015, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Lolwa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After recieving spouse visa.

Hi,
I wanted to know when does my husband need to travel to the uk after recieving his spouse visa?

Also, we had previously applied but when my husband arrived at the visa centre he didn't know he needed a photocopy of the original documents so he left. As the application was not processed we wanted to ask for a refund. How can we apply for a refund?

Thank you.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After recieving spouse visa.

Originally Posted by Lolwa
Hi,
I wanted to know when does my husband need to travel to the uk after recieving his spouse visa?
From my limited understanding, your husband would be given a 30 day UK visa to travel to the UK to pick up his biometric residence permit at the local post office. Your husband needs to enter the UK before the end of the 30 day visa or else he will need to apply for a new visa.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 10:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HKG3
From my limited understanding, your husband would be given a 30 day UK visa to travel to the UK to pick up his biometric residence permit at the local post office. Your husband needs to enter the UK before the end of the 30 day visa or else he will need to apply for a new visa.
Correct. The 30 day period commences on the date that the applicant wishes to enter the UK as provided on their application form or the date the visa was issued whichever is later.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Lolwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the response.

Can he go to any post office?

What does he need to take with him? What does he need to say?

Thank you
Old Sep 1st 2015, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lolwa
Thank you for the response.

Can he go to any post office?

What does he need to take with him? What does he need to say?

Thank you
You will receive information regarding which Post Office to go to relevant to the address on your visa application.

You are able to change the Post Office to one more convenient for you.