after brp collection

Old May 27th 2019, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

djamila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default after brp collection

hello
so we will be movng back next month to collect my husband's brp and start arranging the children move alo.

silly question, but what to d after brp collection? can my husband work straight away? i've been told he must have an identity number from job center. is it correct?
how and what are the delays?

thanks
Old May 27th 2019, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: after brp collection

Originally Posted by djamila
hello
so we will be movng back next month to collect my husband's brp and start arranging the children move alo.

silly question, but what to d after brp collection? can my husband work straight away? i've been told he must have an identity number from job center. is it correct?
how and what are the delays?

thanks
In theory he can start to work straight away.
Many companies ask for National Insurance number, and bank account.
However it's NOT compulsory to have NI before you start to work. NI takes ages to arrive, I believe you (your partner) need to call and then need to go for an interview (which is nothing, they ask your name and DOB and confirming it's the same person applying).

Bank account is a bit more important because most companies pay through your bank account.

Hope it helped
Old May 27th 2019, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nora_
However it's NOT compulsory to have NI before you start to work. NI takes ages to arrive, I believe you (your partner) need to call and then need to go for an interview (which is nothing, they ask your name and DOB and confirming it's the same person applying).

Bank account is a bit more important because most companies pay through your bank account.

Hope it helped

yes... So grateful thanks
The priority will then be to arrange the house for the kids. And we will sort this number after that.
thanks!
Old May 27th 2019, 11:37 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband should make obtaining his NINO a priority.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
Old May 27th 2019, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

thanks! we first travel for a few days to pick his brp and then we come back to algeria to pack everything and travel again with the kids once school is over in july.
that's why i am asking. basically we wont be working until july.
is it okay?
Old May 27th 2019, 11:51 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djamila
thanks! we first travel for a few days to pick his brp and then we come back to algeria to pack everything and travel again with the kids once school is over in july.
that's why i am asking. basically we wont be working until july.
is it okay?
That’s fine but he should make getting an appointment at the JCP for his NINO interview a priority when he gets back to the UK in July.
Old May 27th 2019, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nora_

Hope it helped
When my wife and I moved to the UK (she came on a spouse visa), she got her NI number in less than one week and without an interview.
Old May 27th 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
When my wife and I moved to the UK (she came on a spouse visa), she got her NI number in less than one week and without an interview.
Had she lived in the UK before?
Old May 27th 2019, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Had she lived in the UK before?
No, never - she arrived in the UK, Scotland to be precise, for the first time when we moved here in 2016. She is Chinese.
Old May 27th 2019, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
No, never - she arrived in the UK, Scotland to be precise, for the first time when we moved here in 2016. She is Chinese.
Not sure how she managed that then.