After application submitted - what contact is made?

Old Mar 6th 2018, 4:29 am
Just Joined

ErinM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After application submitted - what contact is made?

Hi everyone,

I've applied for a spouse visa - priority service and it was done via one of the VFS hubs.

My question is what contact do we expect to hear from UKVI?
For example - will they contact us when our official documents arrive in Sheffield? Do we get acknowledgement of this or do I just hope that signature on the parcel tracking proves it arrived at the right place?

If anyone has a rough guide as to what to expect in terms of hearing from UKVI I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After application submitted - what contact is made?

The only notification I got was an email after my biometrics appointment, to say they had received my online (GWF) application; I think it is automatically triggered with the appointment. For us, zero notifications from UKVI, including no decision has been made email. Just rocked up to a big package under my doormat.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 8:32 am
Just Joined

ErinM is an unknown quantity at this point

Far out that’s a bit rough!!! Thanks. At least I can stop stressing that we haven’t heard back about anything!
Old Mar 8th 2018, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

MichaelaShannonMensah is an unknown quantity at this point

I also haven’t received any correspondence since the generic email & also not received my supporting documents back I am on day 29 and have paid priority making me very ill
Old Mar 8th 2018, 10:34 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MichaelaShannonMensah
I also haven’t received any correspondence since the generic email & also not received my supporting documents back I am on day 29 and have paid priority making me very ill
Why very ill? Its only 29 days. Not a matter of life and death to be getting 'very ill' about.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by az2014
Why very ill? Its only 29 days. Not a matter of life and death to be getting 'very ill' about.
No being ill is not a matter of life and death but being away from my husband now 4 months the longest in 3 years, life on hold & a sufferer of anxiety and depression (now having bad ticks) has effected my life & my job as I work with people so have been signed off. I have always handle situations myself but waiting for something that is by in your hands & was told by my lawyers 15-30 working days.

Thanks for the comment!
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No being ill is not a matter of life and death but being away from my husband now 4 months the longest in 3 years, life on hold & a sufferer of anxiety and depression (now having bad ticks) has effected my life & my job as I work with people so have been signed off. I have always handle situations myself but waiting for something that is by in your hands & was told by my lawyers 15-30 working days.

Thanks for the comment!
Hi Michaela, sorry to hear that you're feeling so stressed. It's certainly not easy being separated from your spouse, especially if they're a nice spouse!

Just remember that 30 working days for priority settlement visas from Ghana is the aim, but sometimes it takes a bit longer. I know that seems unfair when you've paid all that money for priority, but like most government services in most countries, things don't always run according to plan!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll hear soon, try to stay positive and do some things that relax you. Best of luck.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Warbex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Michaela, sorry to hear that you're feeling so stressed. It's certainly not easy being separated from your spouse, especially if they're a nice spouse!

Just remember that 30 working days for priority settlement visas from Ghana is the aim, but sometimes it takes a bit longer. I know that seems unfair when you've paid all that money for priority, but like most government services in most countries, things don't always run according to plan!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll hear soon, try to stay positive and do some things that relax you. Best of luck.
That’s really kind words. I’m so glad I see this thread while I was being quite emotional after just talking to my husband over the phone. We are in the same situation here, applied the spouse visa two months ago and paid for the priority service too but still haven’t heard any news so far. We have never been separated for that long either ever since we were together, so I really understand how stressed and despair it can be.

So just I wanna say thank you for your kind words and support (it really calms me down) and to Michaela, you are not alone. Hope everyone out there who has to experience this unreasonable and inhuman long wait, keep faith and stay positive!! Hope you will all be reunited with your loved ones very soon.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:27 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the comment!
So you are not ill, just over exagerating, makes sense now.

Life on hold? Why? Does the world revolve around your husband? Sounds like you are making your own situation worse.

Cant visit each other? Cant Skype?

If you were applying for a US spouse visa you would be waiting more than a year. I guess everyone who is should be on their death bed right now feeling ill.

Pull yourself together and get some perspective. There are many people in this world who are actually ill, you are not one of them.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks spouse of scouse lovely positive message to start my morning & a 1 of 20 odd video chats with hubby, nice to have a nice reply rather than a busy body :’D I will stay positive had a good day x
Old Mar 9th 2018, 6:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014
So you are not ill, just over exagerating, makes sense now.

Life on hold? Why? Does the world revolve around your husband? Sounds like you are making your own situation worse.

Cant visit each other? Cant Skype?

If you were applying for a US spouse visa you would be waiting more than a year. I guess everyone who is should be on their death bed right now feeling ill.

Pull yourself together and get some perspective. There are many people in this world who are actually ill, you are not one of them.
This is one of the worst replies I've ever seen on here, you obviously have no idea just how stressful such separation and waiting can be, especially if the person concerned already has anxiety issues, please think very carefully BEFORE replying to people in this sort of situation as comments like your may even exacerbate any problems.

Last edited by mikelincs; Mar 9th 2018 at 8:38 am.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 7:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks spouse of scouse lovely positive message to start my morning & a 1 of 20 odd video chats with hubby, nice to have a nice reply rather than a busy body :’D I will stay positive had a good day x
You're welcome love, glad you had a good day. Let us know when you get the good news!
Old Mar 9th 2018, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
This is one of the worst replies I've ever seen on here, you obviously have no idea just how stressful such separation and waiting can be, especially if the person concerned already has anxiety issues, please think very carefully BEFORE replying to people in this sort of situation as comments like your may even exacerbate any problems.
There’s always a busy body somewhere just look at all his previous posts, obviously nothing better to do than be horrible & rude to people in stressful circumstances on here everyday as that obviously makes him feel good :’D Anxiety is an illness anyone would know that if they had done there research. On the other hand woke up feeling positive today
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Don’t know why my previous reply is not showed? Anyway, all the luck to those who are still experiencing and suffering from this long wait. Keep faith!
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

It’s been over 2 months since we applied for the spouse visa and still counting even though we have paid for the priority service too. Finger crossed and hope we don’t have to be separated for too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.