ADVICE ON SPOUSE VISA FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS

Old Oct 2nd 2018, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

bbilal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADVICE ON SPOUSE VISA FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS

Hi,

I'm am a Sponsor to my wife who will be applying for a Spouse Visa from Pakistan. As I'm a director/employee of a limited company I will have to submit CT600 for the last FULL financial year. My last tax return was done on 7 November 2017 and therefore my year is due to end on 7 November 2018. I have taken advice from a solicitor that because I want to apply for the visa ASAP, therefore, I want to shorten my period from November 7, 2017 - September 30, 2018, and he has shortened the period in HMRC.

Now the question is since UKVI requires LAST full financial year will they consider the period mentioned above as last full financial year or will they reject the application by saying the CT600 is not for 12 months but instead it's for 10 months since you've shortened your financial year?

Secondly, I have so far earned £9499.98 this year (break down: I have started taking a gross salary of £1583.33 a month starting from April 2018. So a total of 6 months starting April - September 2018 will make £9499.88). The requirements say I have to earn £18600 a year, therefore, I'm taking a dividend of £9500 which I'm eligible to make £18600.

The guidance also says that all the earning should be under the period of CT600 which is November 7 2017 - September 30, 2018, and must reflect in your personal bank statement. The wages of September 2018 which just finished will be taken in October sometime and the dividend will also be taken in October. The last salary and dividend money will reflect in October's bank statement which technically is taken after the CT600 period. Is this a violation of guidance?

Please advice on this as these are the only loophole in my application.

Regards,
Bilal

Last edited by bbilal; Oct 2nd 2018 at 2:56 pm.