Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

advice on re-applying after initial rejection (silly mistake)

advice on re-applying after initial rejection (silly mistake)

Old Dec 10th 2017, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

intheuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice on re-applying after initial rejection (silly mistake)

Hi everyone,
Just looking for advice regarding my situation.

The application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendx FM and with respect to Eligiblility, that
- eligibility of relationship requirements of paragraphs of E-ECP.2.1. to 2.10. -
- financial requirements of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1 to 3.4. are met.

my wife did the wrong ielts instead of A1 which was my fault.

But I am worried that they probably didn't bother looking in great detail as they probably found the first thing and rejected it. Am I wrong to assume this? I spoke to a few immigration lawyers and most said they will have rejected on the first thing they came across (which I can't understand).

Question 1
I was going to strengthen my application further this time by adding more whatsapp conversations/calls. I currently have around 3-4 conversations per month which I printed off in microsoft word as a grid of 3x3 totalling 3 pages with a total of around 28 conversations. I also had around 24 screenshots of phone calls from whatsapp call log. This is a total of 40 screenshots covering a span of around 5 and a half months.

Is this sufficient or should I double the amount for screenshots/calls?

Question 2
I earn above the financial requirement. I had cancelled a direct debit from my credit card company but they still charged me then refunding me the same day of around £1,100. I wanted to make a manual payment rather than the whole amount but they didn't cancel in time but still took a manual payment of a smaller amount. Should I get a letter to explain this? As the amount they tried to take out was more than what was in my account at the time. Or shall I just ignore as the money went out/in the same day?

Question 3
I also have an online account, I printed my bank statements online and had the bank stamp them after checking authenticity. Can I top up my existing bank statements as long as the stamp of the latest one is recent and within 28 days? Or would I have to have them all stamped within 28 days date.

Thank you.