Advice on most suitable Visa application

Old May 23rd 2019, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on most suitable Visa application

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe this bit "then when required post the passport back to Brisbane for the visa to be finalised." which, as BiP has said, is not possible.

Yes, this is the option suggested by the immigration advisor, which is incorrect.
Old May 23rd 2019, 2:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes, this is the option suggested by the immigration advisor, which is incorrect.
Are you saying (i) that you can't send the passport to them by mail, (ii) you have to collect the passport in person from them, or (iii) that they won't mail it back outside of the country of application?
Old May 23rd 2019, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Are you saying (i) that you can't send the passport to them by mail, (ii) you have to collect the passport in person from them, or (iii) that they won't mail it back outside of the country of application?

As per the OP's post:

can we go down the spouse visa route and travel to the UK (retaining passport) while the visa is being processed and then when required post the passport back to Brisbane for the visa to be finalised. I spoke to UK immigration last night and the adviser seemed to suggest this was possible.

Was saying that the suggestion, by the advisor, that the applicant could be already living in the UK, and, at time of issuing the visa, the applicant remains in the UK and merely sends their passport to Australia for finalising was incorrect. The applicant must be in Australia when visa is issued.
Old May 23rd 2019, 9:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... The applicant must be in Australia when visa is issued.
You make that assertion, but entirely side-stepped my question, with the alternatives.

If you mail your passport in, and they mail it back (to an address in Australia), what is to stop the applicant mailing their passport from the UK, having it mailed back to a friend or relative in Australia (I am assuming that the passport must be mailed back to the country where the applicant is living), and having them mail it back to the UK? Obviously they would still be in the UK on the wrong status, but that could be fixed by a quick trip to France/ Europe, couldn't it?
Old May 23rd 2019, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You make that assertion, but entirely side-stepped my question, with the alternatives.

If you mail your passport in, and they mail it back (to an address in Australia), what is to stop the applicant mailing their passport from the UK, having it mailed back to a friend or relative in Australia (I am assuming that the passport must be mailed back to the country where the applicant is living), and having them mail it back to the UK? Obviously they would still be in the UK on the wrong status, but that could be fixed by a quick trip to France/ Europe, couldn't it?
Quiet day in Dixie I presume .......
Old May 26th 2019, 1:27 am

OK, so just a random assertion that you're making?

If you can't back up your posts with an explanation, or a link, then I don't know why you bother.

At the moment my theory is that you may be correct, but without some more info the jury is still out.
Old May 26th 2019, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Taken from UKVI site " Applying for a visa to come to the UK":

Getting your vignette

If the visa application centre kept your passport, they’ll post it to you with the vignette inside.

If you kept your passport, you’ll need to take it to the visa application centre to collect your vignette.

So, I'd say no, if you retained your passport following the BRP interview etc, you cannot just mail your passport into the the centre to obtain your vignette and they mail it back to you...........

With regard the OP, this is what the immigration advisor was suggesting:

If this is not an option can we go down the spouse visa route and travel to the UK (retaining passport) while the visa is being processed and then when required post the passport back to Brisbane for the visa to be finalised. I spoke to UK immigration last night and the adviser seemed to suggest this was possible.

Old May 26th 2019, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

MattSmith77 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is obviously not entirely legitimate? Is there any evidence that people have done this?
Old May 26th 2019, 10:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line: you can’t be granted leave to enter when you’re in the UK.
Old May 26th 2019, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Bottom line: you can’t be granted leave to enter when you’re in the UK.
Yeah fair enough. Id never do anything to jeopardise the process anyway.
Old May 26th 2019, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

60minuteman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Matt. The priority service has a stated aim of providing a decision within 30 days of the applicant providing their biometric information. If an application is considered to be not straightforward (due to issues such as an adverse immigration history etc), then that timeline may not be met. https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/pr...for-settlement

These are the fees in pounds (better get used to that)
  • Visa application fee £1,523
  • Priority visa fee £573
  • International Health Surcharge (IHS) £1,000 (£400 per year, the £1,000 covers the 2.5 year validity of the first visa)
  • Total £3,096
Due to the fact you pay in $ the actual fees are even higher:

My visa cost £1596.02 and IHS an eye watering £1257.71.... priority £740...

Last edited by 60minuteman; May 26th 2019 at 11:27 pm.
Old May 27th 2019, 12:28 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 60minuteman
Due to the fact you pay in $ the actual fees are even higher:

My visa cost £1596.02 and IHS an eye watering £1257.71.... priority £740...
I think you're getting mixed up. The GBP visa fees I quoted are correct for 2019 and don't change, no matter what currency you use to pay them.
Old May 27th 2019, 12:40 am
Just Joined

I think you're getting mixed up. The GBP visa fees I quoted are correct for 2019 and don't change, no matter what currency you use to pay them.
I hope so. Dont think the bank balance could cope with even more money just to return home.
Old May 27th 2019, 12:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattSmith77
I hope so. Dont think the bank balance could cope with even more money just to return home.
Don't worry Matt, the visa fees are as I quoted
Old May 27th 2019, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Don't worry Matt, the visa fees are as I quoted
Phew!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.