advice for getting an Immigrant Visa while in the uk

Old Feb 8th 2012, 2:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice for getting an Immigrant Visa while in the uk

Originally Posted by misfitfreak
it says i have to pay for the I-130 with a credit card but all i have is my barclays chip and pin card will that work.
I don't know what a chip and pin card is, but if it's a debit card, it won't work. After reading the link JEff posted, I see the only option is a credit card.

Also i was thinking about asking for a extension on my spouse visa so i can stay here until he husband gets his visa. where would i go about doing that....
That's isn't a question for this forum. Try asking over at www.uk-yankee.com.

as far as the proof to show we are serious about the move i know i can get a letter from my boss and if needs be i can get my dad to get us a apartment before we get there.
These items are not due until his interview, so don't worry about them yet. Start making a list of things you need, and when they are due, so you can stay on track.

i really want to get this started asap so we can get it done soon and be able to go back together....
You probably won't be able to go back together. The sooner you accept that, the better you'll feel. You may have a separation of a few months. Don't rush into this, otherwise you'll miss something along the way and it will take even longer. Take a week or so to really research things, especially the I-130 filing in London. Filing next week is not going to affect the overall timeline THAT much.

if it isnt that i cant use my barclays card what are my other options for payment.
As you can see by JEff's link, the only option for payment of the I-130 fee is by credit card. If neither you nor your husband have a credit card, then find a friend or someone who does, and use it (with their permission, of course! LOL).

also when i pay for the I-130 what will i have to pay for the visa cause i am sure i will have to pay for that too...
The I-130 payment and the visa payment are separate, they are not done at the same time. For now, just concern yourself with the I-130 payment. Then you will have time later to research how to pay the visa fee.

Rene
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:14 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for your reply but i am not going to be getting my ILR since we are moving back to America but if i stay passed my expiration date i will be here illegally so i was just wondering id if i can be allowed to stay past september so i can go back with my husband....
ILR and moving back to America are not mutually exclusive. It's very simple:

1) You are on a two year spousal visa.
2) You cannot extend or renew a two year spousal visa.
3) You want to stay in the UK beyond the expiration date of your spousal visa.
4) The only way to stay legally in the UK beyond the expiration date of your spousal visa is to apply for and receive Indefinite Leave to Remain, ILR.

Is there any particular reason you are so resistant to getting your ILR? Is the the cost? The paperwork? Why would you want to do something illegal when it's so easily avoided, and gives you the benefit of coming back to the UK if you later find you need to?

I'm sorry if I sound mean, I don't intend to, I'm just honestly confused about your reluctance to pursue this path given your stated goal (of staying with your husband until he gets his visa).

also i wanted to ask does it make a difference if we were married in america for me to file my i-130 in london
Nope, we married in the US and I filed my I-130 in London...but I was not out of status and there illegally. I was either there on ILR or had my UK citizenship already, I forget now. As long as you are legally living in the UK and have been doing so for at least the last six months, you can file in London.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:35 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don't think so. That link was to a form that must be used in conjuntion with a credit card payment, but this web page says that the USCIS field office in London will also accept payment by US cashier's check, US dollar money order, or international bank draft in US dollars.
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...for_spouse.pdf

What I don't understand is, I found these web pages in less than 1 minute, and I'm not very good at web searching ...

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As you can see by JEff's link, the only option for payment of the I-130 fee is by credit card.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

misfitfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

the reason i dont want to get my ilr is because we will not be coming back to the uk. Our lives are not what we want them to be here and if i pay the money for my ilr i will be taking money away from my husbands visa back to the states. Also to answer your question about not being able to find the payment information sheet when i went through the links before you gave me one it said the link had been moved so i didnt now where to look after that sorry but thank you for the link

Last edited by misfitfreak; Feb 8th 2012 at 3:59 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

well i would like to thank everyone for there help.... i have my head wrapped around the I-130 and what i need to send and the payment and i am going to take it one thing at a time. Most likely i will go back before my spouse visa expires so i can find work and with that and my joint sponsor than my husband will be 100% covered. I know ive been a pain but i appricate all your help AND patients

thank you
Old Feb 8th 2012, 4:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about Rene or avanutria, but I'm not a doctor.

Good luck to you.

Regards, JEff

I know ive been a pain but i appricate all your help AND patients
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

As far as making the payment for the I-130...

Check your Barclay's card, look it over very closely.

If it has a visa or mastercard logo on it then YOU CAN USE IT to pay the fees. If it doesn't have one of these logo's then you'll have to look for another option.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

my barclays card has a visa logo on it and also debit card right under it. i do have another fomr of payment from a friends visa card but thank you and i think i got my dad to sponsor my husband as well so fingers crossed
Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

So did my husband's, but that logo means that it will work as a form of "Credit card" payment. It's a bit confusing but I'm sure you could ask some at Barclays to explain why it works. I can only explain it from a US point of view lol. If you're more comfortable using your friend's card go with that. I'm just letting you know that the option is there for you as well
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

thank you very much for the info i will call them tomorow

cheers
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by katiekat
So did my husband's, but that logo means that it will work as a form of "Credit card" payment. It's a bit confusing but I'm sure you could ask some at Barclays to explain why it works. I can only explain it from a US point of view lol. If you're more comfortable using your friend's card go with that. I'm just letting you know that the option is there for you as well
Alternatively, pop in to your local branch and apply for a credit card. You'll only need a £300 limit and, assuming you've had an account there for a while, they hand those out freely. You'll walk out with a credit card tomorrow and you'll know there's no risk of the payment being refused.

James
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

i have a question about my dad being the joint sponsor. i am going to email him the form to fill out but as i was reading the instructions is says

Complete Form I-864 when it is mailed to you from the National Visa Center (NVC). Different instructions apply to some cases so follow the instructions provided by the National Visa Center for your particular case. The instructions on when and where to submit Form I-864 are included in the information packet that is mailed to you with Form I-864. Form I-864 and all accompanying documentation must be submitted to the government within one year of when you sign Form I-864.

so will this form be the same form i got off the uscis webpage??
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

i have a question about my dad being the joint sponsor. i am going to email him the form to fill out but as i was reading the instructions is says

Complete Form I-864 when it is mailed to you from the National Visa Center (NVC). Different instructions apply to some cases so follow the instructions provided by the National Visa Center for your particular case. The instructions on when and where to submit Form I-864 are included in the information packet that is mailed to you with Form I-864. Form I-864 and all accompanying documentation must be submitted to the government within one year of when you sign Form I-864.

Yes. It will not be a completely different form also called Form I-864. That would be unnecessarily confusing, even for USCIS.

James
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:47 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused...are forms mailed to people from the NVC when the applicant is doing DCF? Is this a joint sponsor thing?

I did DCF without a joint sponsor and never had any dealings with the NVC as far as I know.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Since you'll be filing the I-130 directly to London, the case won't go through NVC. So you will have to use the I-864 found on the USCIS website. You will not be getting one from NVC.

As you read and learn about the Immigrant Visa process, try to read more about the cases filed via "DCF - Direct Consular Filing" rather than the ones filed in the USA. The process is a bit different. Anything you read relating to NVC will not apply to your case. NVC is only involved in cases where the I-130 is filed in the USA.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.