Advantage/Disadvantage?

Old Sep 11th 2018, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advantage/Disadvantage?

Hi everyone

Applying for FLR(M). Can someone please explain the advantage and disadvantages of applying as soon as eligible ie 30 month period compared to waiting the 33 month period.

And

Does FLR(M) visa last 30 months or 33 months?

Thanks.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 12:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advantage/Disadvantage?

Better to wait until 28 days before the current visa expires. This will ensure you will have accumulated the 60 months required for ILR by the end of the second visa. FLR(M) lasts for 30 months.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Better to wait until 28 days before the current visa expires. This will ensure you will have accumulated the 60 months required for ILR by the end of the second visa. FLR(M) lasts for 30 months.
This got me thinking....my wife's visa was valid from 15/03/2016 and expires on 15/12/2018. We plan to submit her FLR application next week, am I right in saying that as long as it is made on or after 16 September she will reach ILR application status at the end?
Old Sep 11th 2018, 12:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
This got me thinking....my wife's visa was valid from 15/03/2016 and expires on 15/12/2018. We plan to submit her FLR application next week, am I right in saying that as long as it is made on or after 16 September she will reach ILR application status at the end?
Yes, but that doesn't allow you any leeway. Better to wait now and apply earlier next time.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks BIP.
Is the last 28 days of the visa dependant on priority or non priority service?

What happens if I wait until the last 28 days to post my application and my visa expires before FLR(m) is issued? Non priority could take a couple of months.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyleo
Hi and thanks BIP.
Is the last 28 days of the visa dependant on priority or non priority service?

What happens if I wait until the last 28 days to post my application and my visa expires before FLR(m) is issued? Non priority could take a couple of months.
Nothing. Providing the application is received before the expiry date of the visa then you can remain in the UK on your previous conditions until a decision is made. I would therefore wait until you hit 28 days before submitting the application.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but that doesn't allow you any leeway. Better to wait now and apply earlier next time.
Thanks for your reply, I am probably being a bit stupid, since I can't see what you mean about applying earlier next time....
Old Sep 12th 2018, 11:14 am

Thanks for your reply, I am probably being a bit stupid, since I can't see what you mean about applying earlier next time....
For ILR. You’ll hit 60 months with a couple of months still to go on the visa. It gives you a safety margin.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

For ILR. You’ll hit 60 months with a couple of months still to go on the visa. It gives you a safety margin.
Thanks for your reply. As it happens, we have other reasons to submit next week, if my wife gets to 60 months just before the expiry date of the next visa, she will be fine as long as she applies for ILR exactly in the window between 15/03/2021 and 30 months after the issue date of her FLR, is that correct? I know this is in the future but I prefer to be comfortable that I have understood everything !
Old Sep 12th 2018, 3:31 pm

Thanks for your reply. As it happens, we have other reasons to submit next week, if my wife gets to 60 months just before the expiry date of the next visa, she will be fine as long as she applies for ILR exactly in the window between 15/03/2021 and 30 months after the issue date of her FLR, is that correct? I know this is in the future but I prefer to be comfortable that I have understood everything !
It’s your decision - I can’t comment without knowing your reasons - but she needs to accumulate 60 months’ residence in the UK on spouse visas in order to be eligible for ILR.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

It’s your decision - I can’t comment without knowing your reasons - but she needs to accumulate 60 months’ residence in the UK on spouse visas in order to be eligible for ILR.
To help me understand, could be good enough to tell me when her next visa (FLR) will be effective from....does the 30 month period run from the date on her application or is it from whatever the decision date happens to be?
Old Sep 13th 2018, 12:42 pm

It should run from the date of decision.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

It should run from the date of decision.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.