Acknowledgment of receipt?

Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:36 am
Just Joined

emcintosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acknowledgment of receipt?

TL;DR: Does the Sheffield office acknowledge when they receive additional items for an application?

-My wife, the applicant, had her biometrics appointment in Moscow on the 17th and sent her documents via DHL that day. She wasn't able to send in a pre-paid return envelope as Royal Mail's online print-at-home Special Delivery labels must be used within 2 days of purchase…
-I, the sponsor, sent a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope to them, using Special Delivery on the 18th, including the GWF number on the envelope and including a covering note with our names and GWF number. Royal Mail's tracking says it was collected at 6am! on the 21st.
-On the 24th, my wife got an email saying that 'no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted'.

Is there any chance they will let her know when they find the envelope I sent (and they are supposed to have received a few days earlier)?
Would they let her know if I sent another envelope?

Is this the sort of thing one of us will need to use the £5.60 email enquiry service to find out?