Accomodation Madness?

Old Aug 6th 2017, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Olympus123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accomodation Madness?

I see there are a couple of questions on accomodation around, am I reading it wrong or is the proving accomodation requirements a bit odd.

With the job I can get if I move over to London with my spouse, I will More than easily be able to get a very nice place to live.

However how can we go through the process of getting a place when we don't know if they visa will be accepted or not....this seems ridiculous.

I do have my mum here, she lives alone in a 3 bed house (1 double, 2 singles) however we are obviously not going to live with her and surely they know that....
Old Aug 6th 2017, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accomodation Madness?

Originally Posted by Olympus123
I see there are a couple of questions on accomodation around, am I reading it wrong or is the proving accomodation requirements a bit odd.

With the job I can get if I move over to London with my spouse, I will More than easily be able to get a very nice place to live.

However how can we go through the process of getting a place when we don't know if they visa will be accepted or not....this seems ridiculous.

I do have my mum here, she lives alone in a 3 bed house (1 double, 2 singles) however we are obviously not going to live with her and surely they know that....
It is not madness, but to make sure that immigrants are not being housed in overcrowded accommodation.

Rogue landlords face action as Romanian migrant family crowded in London house | Daily Mail Online

Would it not be easier if you can get your mum to write a letter to say that she is willing to house you and your wife and also get a property inspection report to say that her house is large enough for you and your wife to move in. Stayed at your mums until you get your own place?
Old Aug 6th 2017, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Olympus123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose that makes some sense, yes this will be doable just adds to yet more costs for a property inspection and its getting expensive
Old Aug 6th 2017, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose that makes some sense, yes this will be doable just adds to yet more costs for a property inspection and its getting expensive
You do not need a property inspection in this situation.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Some local councils do offer this service, your mother may wish to get in touch with her local council to see whether it offers this service. Please see link below for an example -

Housing Inspections for UK Entry Clearance
Old Aug 6th 2017, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If it is just your mother living in the house and yourselves then you do not need an inspection.

You do need a letter from the landlord/council giving permission for you to stay at the house and an agreement letter from your mother saying she is Ok with you living with her.