accomodation issues

Old Oct 21st 2018, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

djamila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default accomodation issues

hello, me again!
question regarding the accomodation for the spouse visa.
we apply through savings.
my husand is the applicant. we have 3 kids (10-5-4) we all leave outside the uk and have no accomodation in the uk. we all want to move back together.
we are lost with the accomodation issue.
we have family but none with a house big enough for 5 more people.

so now we are stuck with the accomodation requirements.
these are our options:
1- ask for a relative to write a letter saying the will offer shelter for my husband and myself ONLY for a few weeks time enough for us to find a suitable house for the family. we need to specify the kifs will join us later (2-3 weeks)...i have been told that the HO might doubt and reject this because they might think we will bring the kids and we will overcrowd the house.
2- rent a airbnb/hotel for the whole family for a month time and explain in letter that this is temporary and that we will rent asap....again i've been told this might not be accepted
3- we apply in march. try to find an estate agent that can issue a rent contract in february/march but the rental starts in june/july.... not sure this exists....again 'ive been told i have to have a house rent valid in march.
4-we apply in march .starting march ,rent a house (3bedrooms) and leave it empty and lose money.... this sound crazy!

thanks!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 11:28 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: accomodation issues

Originally Posted by djamila
hello, me again!
question regarding the accomodation for the spouse visa.
we apply through savings.
my husand is the applicant. we have 3 kids (10-5-4) we all leave outside the uk and have no accomodation in the uk. we all want to move back together.
we are lost with the accomodation issue.
we have family but none with a house big enough for 5 more people.

so now we are stuck with the accomodation requirements.
these are our options:
1- ask for a relative to write a letter saying the will offer shelter for my husband and myself ONLY for a few weeks time enough for us to find a suitable house for the family. we need to specify the kifs will join us later (2-3 weeks)...i have been told that the HO might doubt and reject this because they might think we will bring the kids and we will overcrowd the house.
2- rent a airbnb/hotel for the whole family for a month time and explain in letter that this is temporary and that we will rent asap....again i've been told this might not be accepted
3- we apply in march. try to find an estate agent that can issue a rent contract in february/march but the rental starts in june/july.... not sure this exists....again 'ive been told i have to have a house rent valid in march.
4-we apply in march .starting march ,rent a house (3bedrooms) and leave it empty and lose money.... this sound crazy!

thanks!!!!!
If I were you I'd get an Airbnb for at least a month and include a print out of the confirmed booking with the documents you submit. There's a section in the application form where you can add comments, so that'd be the place to explain that the Airbnb accommodation is temporary and you'll be looking for a rental property as soon as you arrive.
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

and if the visa takes more time that scheduled, we can just cancel the eirbnb booking an make a new one with new dates and inform HO about this?<br />sounds logic....if ever HO is taking my logic into consideration.!!
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 1:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djamila
and if the visa takes more time that scheduled, we can just cancel the eirbnb booking an make a new one with new dates and inform HO about this?<br />sounds logic....if ever HO is taking my logic into consideration.!!
As long as the information you provide in your application is correct at the time you submit it, then I don't think the Home Office will be concerned (or even notice) if your visa is processed after your Airbnb booking date. Sounds weird, but that's how I see it!

If your ECO did have any concerns they'd contact you, but I doubt this would happen.
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks... Giving me some hope. Who on earth would pay 1500 £ rent and utilities and taxes for 4-months without living in the house.

i hope ho has the same logic