Accommodation Requirement

Old Mar 22nd 2019, 1:36 am
Just Joined

NateWagner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation Requirement

My British partner and I are working out the final details of our move - the plan is to start the visa application while we're all still in Canada, then after a month or so she and the kids will fly over and then I will follow shortly afterwards once my visa has come through (depending on how much longer I have to wait for it). We've managed to find a rental house, but as of right now they won't let her sign a rental agreement until she is physically there.
We were already planning for them to stay in a hotel for about a week while they get all the stuff we need for the house, then move in while waiting for me to arrive.
I know I've read about people using Airbnb rentals for the accommodation requirement, is it possible to use a hotel booking in the same way, as long as the reservation covers my projected travel date set in the visa application? Is there a specific amount of time that needs to be covered after the intended travel date? If all goes well, they'll be in the rental house by the time I get there, but we're just stuck with what to use as accommodation for the visa application.
Thanks in advance!