Accommodation requirement

Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

BritishIndia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation requirement

I am in the process of understanding what it takes to apply for a UK family visa for my wife. We are both currently residing in India holding Indian passports, with my passport having a UK Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode.

After going through numerous post across the forums, I am very much confused on what exactly how the accommodation requirement needs to be fulfilled. Here are my questions:
1. I am planning to meet the financial requirements by proving that I have cash savings of GBP 62500 since the past 6 months. I understand that this will obviate the need for me to show a job offer in the UK. Now my question is whether the accommodation requirement is still applicable if I am taking the route of relying entirely on cash savings? Otherwise, can you confirm that there is no relationship between this and the accommodation requirements - in other words the accommodation requirement needs to be independently fulfilled in any case?
2. My wife has a friend in the UK who owns property and is willing to accommodate us in the long term. Is the property inspection report / accommodation certificate in this case a must have criteria? Otherwise, is an invitation letter from her friend who is also the owner stating the area of the apartment, area of available rooms for us etc. sufficient to apply for the visa? Is there any risk that my wife's visa will be rejected in the latter case? I have read so many conflicting opinions on this point that I am very confused here and looking for some good guidance.

Your help will be very much appreciated.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 3:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation requirement

1. The financial and accommodation requirements are separate and both need to be fulfilled before a visa can be granted.

2. Will you be renting or staying gratis? Will your wife's friend or anyone else also be living in the property?
Old Mar 13th 2018, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your response.

We will be staying gratis with my wife's friend who will also be residing there. There is a possibility (though not certain) that there may be a single person who is paying rent also living in the same property in a separate room.

Can you kindly share your advice accordingly?
Old Mar 15th 2018, 11:10 am
Just Joined

As a further clarification, my wife's friend has confirmed that the tenant is leaving soon and she will not be renting it out in the immediate future, in order to accommodate us. So, we will be staying gratis with my wife's friend in her property. She will be providing a separate room for us.

Do kindly advise if the property inspection report / accommodation certificate will need to be submitted in this case.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 12:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishIndia
Thank you very much for your response.

We will be staying gratis with my wife's friend who will also be residing there. There is a possibility (though not certain) that there may be a single person who is paying rent also living in the same property in a separate room.

Can you kindly share your advice accordingly?
Originally Posted by BritishIndia
As a further clarification, my wife's friend has confirmed that the tenant is leaving soon and she will not be renting it out in the immediate future, in order to accommodate us. So, we will be staying gratis with my wife's friend in her property. She will be providing a separate room for us.

Do kindly advise if the property inspection report / accommodation certificate will need to be submitted in this case.
If it will be just the three of you then a property inspection report is probably not essential. I would provide a letter from your friend, signed in ink and accompanied by a copy of her passport/driving licence, confirming that you and your wife can stay with her gratis and a copy of the property deeds showing her as the owner.