British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Absences from the uk for ILR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/absences-uk-ilr-943915/)

AnxiouslyAnxious May 10th 2022 8:53 am

Absences from the uk for ILR

Hello forum, I’m have been eagerly waiting to go back home to see my family due to covid and other problems I wasn’t able to. it’s been more than 3 years and finally I will soon be booking my tickets and I wish to stay for 3 months. Do you think will it be ok to stay this long without jeopardizing the ILR. Incase my husband and I wish to plan trip for us later it won’t be for longer than 7 days and bdw I have FLR until 04 April 2024.
Thanks everyone and Happy Tuesday ☺️

BritInParis May 10th 2022 9:02 am

Re: Absences from the uk for ILR

No issue for ILR.

AnxiouslyAnxious May 13th 2022 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 13113601)
No issue for ILR.

Hello BiP , Am I right in understanding that from 2023 it would be new 180 days limit?
How many days do you think it’s safe in total for 5 years to be away? Also for ILR do my absences absences can cut down on my 5 years time spent or as long as you within the 180 days limit it’s still considered 5 years to be able to apply for ilr ? Idk if I was able to explain well what I was trying to ask . Hopefully you can understand bdw have a good weekend. Thanks

BritInParis May 13th 2022 8:17 pm

Are you referring to a future change in the Immigration Rules coming in 2023?

AnxiouslyAnxious May 13th 2022 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 13114668)
Are you referring to a future change in the Immigration Rules coming in 2023?

umm. This what I understood idk if I’m right ,that every year of 12 months in 5 years gives you 180 days limit to stay away. For example from Jan 2022 to December 2022 I cannot spend more than 180 days to if I wanna apply for ILR and from Jan 2023 to December 2023 my 180 days Lilit would reset?

BritInParis May 13th 2022 11:46 pm

There’s no fixed absence limit for spouse visa holders so providing you are spending the majority of your time in the UK then you’ll be fine.

AnxiouslyAnxious May 14th 2022 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 13114703)
There’s no fixed absence limit for spouse visa holders so providing you are spending the majority of your time in the UK then you’ll be fine.

Alright I got it. Thank you so much 😊