British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   About to apply for spouse visa, pregnant wife (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/about-apply-spouse-visa-pregnant-wife-943841/)

lndn May 5th 2022 9:20 pm

About to apply for spouse visa, pregnant wife

Hi,

So my wife and I are preparing to apply for her UK spouse visa next week from abroad.

We’ve also just learnt that she is pregnant (6 weeks) & are really concerned about her visa potentially taking 6 months or more given the current lead times and her not being able to travel should her visa be approved close to her due date. If the normal lead times applied this wouldn’t be an issue.

Does anyone have any advice about other options, or if it’s worth including this in the application if it could be considered to speed things up? I’m really concerned being in UK being so far away from her during her pregnancy and now potentially the birth of our child.

Thank you

SanDiegogirl May 5th 2022 9:33 pm

Re: About to apply for spouse visa, pregnant wife

Being pregnant does not speed up the application

You could pay for priority service?

BritInParis May 5th 2022 9:41 pm

There’s nothing you can currently do to speed up your wife’s application. I would work on the assumption her application will take six months. Remember she will have three months to enter the UK once her visa is granted.

Pulaski May 5th 2022 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13112589)
.... You could pay for priority service?

The last thing I heard was that priority service had been suspended. Is it back yet?

lndn May 5th 2022 10:23 pm

Thank you, I suspected to be the case. As far as I’m aware priority has been suspended otherwise we’d pay for it

lndn May 6th 2022 10:04 am

Does anyone if it’s possible to retrospectively pay for priority?

In case the home office open priority service a few months down the line after we’ve applied.

Thanks

BritInParis May 6th 2022 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by lndn (Post 13112645)
Does anyone if it’s possible to retrospectively pay for priority?

In case the home office open priority service a few months down the line after we’ve applied.

Thanks

It’s possible but not guaranteed.

lndn May 6th 2022 1:42 pm

Just called the home office, apparently they are expecting to see the lead times improve over the next couple of weeks, so fingers crossed!

BritInParis May 6th 2022 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by lndn (Post 13112683)
Just called the home office, apparently they are expecting to see the lead times improve over the next couple of weeks, so fingers crossed!

I think that may be optimistic. Processing times are currently worsening and we’re about to hit the summer rush.