5 Year Stateless Child Application

Old Aug 24th 2018, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

toppi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 5 Year Stateless Child Application

Hello,
My child has applied for 5 year stateless application. Still I home office has not taken the fee of £1012 from my account. Can I please know how long they take to,
01. Take the fee from my account
02. Send biometrics letter
03. Take decision

Me and my wife both from sri lanka and over stayers for 14 years in the uk. Application got delivered to them a week ago. child was born in the UK in Manchester, had claimed asylum and refused for all three of us. age 5 years and 2 months old. never registered birth in sri lanka.

Many thanks.
Kayum
Old Aug 24th 2018, 8:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application

Is your child actually stateless? Or did you just not register the birth with the Sri Lankan authorities?
Old Aug 25th 2018, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Is your child actually stateless? Or did you just not register the birth with the Sri Lankan authorities?
thank you for your reply. Yes child is stateless because once you claim asylum in the UK they will not get someone registered. And kids born to Sri Lankan parents don't become Sri Lankan automatically according to Sri Lankan law.
Old Aug 25th 2018, 7:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Which form did you complete?
Old Aug 25th 2018, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Which form did you complete?
Form S3. Thank you.
Old Aug 25th 2018, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Anyone??
Old Aug 26th 2018, 1:21 am

Easy tiger. Some of us are on the lash this weekend.
Old Aug 26th 2018, 4:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Easy tiger. Some of us are on the lash this weekend.
Enjoy!!

Think the OP has forgotten they are getting this info free and gratis and therefore need to be patient...!!!
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:16 pm

If it's only been a week then that's not a lot of time, particularly in the middle of the summer holidays. The fee should be taken first, then the application will be assessed. Biometric enrolment will only be done towards the end of the process.

What documentation did you provide from the Sri Lankan government confirming your child is not a Sri Lankan citizen?
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

If it's only been a week then that's not a lot of time, particularly in the middle of the summer holidays. The fee should be taken first, then the application will be assessed. Biometric enrolment will only be done towards the end of the process.

What documentation did you provide from the Sri Lankan government confirming your child is not a Sri Lankan citizen?
Thank you for your reply. It's birth register records from my son's birth year up to 2018. Those reports indicates that they couldn't find him on Sri Lankan birth registry department. Will that be good enough?
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by toppi
Thank you for your reply. It's birth register records from my son's birth year up to 2018. Those reports indicates that they couldn't find him on Sri Lankan birth registry department. Will that be good enough?
That just suggests to me that you didn't bother to register his birth as opposed to you being unable to do so however I suspect the Home Office probably has a lot more experience regarding this particular set of circumstances. They will therefore advise you accordingly whether they want to see any further documentation.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

That just suggests to me that you didn't bother to register his birth as opposed to you being unable to do so however I suspect the Home Office probably has a lot more experience regarding this particular set of circumstances. They will therefore advise you accordingly whether they want to see any further documentation.
​​​​​​And we had claimed asylum earlier. So we were afraid to go to Sri Lankan embassy. I submitted those documents too. He's lived stateless for more than five years in the UK. So, can homeoffice still ask us to get my son registered in Sri Lanka even after the qulifieing period of 5 years? Thank you.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by toppi
​​​​​​And we had claimed asylum earlier. So we were afraid to go to Sri Lankan embassy. I submitted those documents too. He's lived stateless for more than five years in the UK. So, can homeoffice still ask us to get my son registered in Sri Lanka even after the qulifieing period of 5 years? Thank you.
That would depend on the Home Office's policy regarding your circumstances.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

That would depend on the Home Office's policy regarding your circumstances.
ok thank you