British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   5 Year Stateless Child Application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/5-year-stateless-child-application-916475/)

toppi Aug 24th 2018 8:16 pm

5 Year Stateless Child Application
 
Hello,
My child has applied for 5 year stateless application. Still I home office has not taken the fee of £1012 from my account. Can I please know how long they take to,
01. Take the fee from my account
02. Send biometrics letter
03. Take decision

Me and my wife both from sri lanka and over stayers for 14 years in the uk. Application got delivered to them a week ago. child was born in the UK in Manchester, had claimed asylum and refused for all three of us. age 5 years and 2 months old. never registered birth in sri lanka.

Many thanks.
Kayum

BritInParis Aug 24th 2018 8:51 pm

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 
Is your child actually stateless? Or did you just not register the birth with the Sri Lankan authorities?

toppi Aug 25th 2018 12:35 am

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12554005)
Is your child actually stateless? Or did you just not register the birth with the Sri Lankan authorities?

thank you for your reply. Yes child is stateless because once you claim asylum in the UK they will not get someone registered. And kids born to Sri Lankan parents don't become Sri Lankan automatically according to Sri Lankan law.

BritInParis Aug 25th 2018 7:47 am

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 
Which form did you complete?

toppi Aug 25th 2018 11:55 am

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12554168)
Which form did you complete?

Form S3. Thank you.

toppi Aug 25th 2018 10:36 pm

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 
Anyone??

BritInParis Aug 26th 2018 1:21 am

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 
Easy tiger. Some of us are on the lash this weekend.

Pollyana Aug 26th 2018 4:55 am

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12554424)
Easy tiger. Some of us are on the lash this weekend.

:D :beer: Enjoy!!

Think the OP has forgotten they are getting this info free and gratis and therefore need to be patient...!!!

BritInParis Aug 28th 2018 12:16 pm

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 
If it's only been a week then that's not a lot of time, particularly in the middle of the summer holidays. The fee should be taken first, then the application will be assessed. Biometric enrolment will only be done towards the end of the process.

What documentation did you provide from the Sri Lankan government confirming your child is not a Sri Lankan citizen?

toppi Aug 28th 2018 12:32 pm

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12555490)
If it's only been a week then that's not a lot of time, particularly in the middle of the summer holidays. The fee should be taken first, then the application will be assessed. Biometric enrolment will only be done towards the end of the process.

What documentation did you provide from the Sri Lankan government confirming your child is not a Sri Lankan citizen?

Thank you for your reply. It's birth register records from my son's birth year up to 2018. Those reports indicates that they couldn't find him on Sri Lankan birth registry department. Will that be good enough?

BritInParis Aug 28th 2018 12:34 pm

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 

Originally Posted by toppi (Post 12555500)
Thank you for your reply. It's birth register records from my son's birth year up to 2018. Those reports indicates that they couldn't find him on Sri Lankan birth registry department. Will that be good enough?

That just suggests to me that you didn't bother to register his birth as opposed to you being unable to do so however I suspect the Home Office probably has a lot more experience regarding this particular set of circumstances. They will therefore advise you accordingly whether they want to see any further documentation.

toppi Aug 28th 2018 12:38 pm

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12555502)
That just suggests to me that you didn't bother to register his birth as opposed to you being unable to do so however I suspect the Home Office probably has a lot more experience regarding this particular set of circumstances. They will therefore advise you accordingly whether they want to see any further documentation.

​​​​​​And we had claimed asylum earlier. So we were afraid to go to Sri Lankan embassy. I submitted those documents too. He's lived stateless for more than five years in the UK. So, can homeoffice still ask us to get my son registered in Sri Lanka even after the qulifieing period of 5 years? Thank you.

BritInParis Aug 28th 2018 12:49 pm

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 

Originally Posted by toppi (Post 12555504)
​​​​​​And we had claimed asylum earlier. So we were afraid to go to Sri Lankan embassy. I submitted those documents too. He's lived stateless for more than five years in the UK. So, can homeoffice still ask us to get my son registered in Sri Lanka even after the qulifieing period of 5 years? Thank you.

That would depend on the Home Office's policy regarding your circumstances.

toppi Aug 28th 2018 1:11 pm

Re: 5 Year Stateless Child Application
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12555508)
That would depend on the Home Office's policy regarding your circumstances.

ok thank you


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:20 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.