+ 40 BD Priority from NZ

Old Aug 19th 2018, 5:25 am
Just Joined

micnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default + 40 BD Priority from NZ

Hi just wondering if there is anyone else still waiting from New Zealand or Australia over 40 BD from biometrics?
We will be day 42 on Monday now I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong with our application. I escalated on 9 Aug but have heard nothing since then. Our application is (well should be) straight forward and was prepared by a professional in London. He tells us to be paitient and that he has prepared it exactly the same as everyone else who was approved before us. Easier said than done though!
i really thought I'd be back in the UK with my husband by now, it's very disheartening when i see other priority applications from USA getting approved in less than 30 days. I thought paying priority meant you got put to front at every stage.
Is there anyone else in the same situation? Should i ring them again??
Old Aug 19th 2018, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbanebrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: + 40 BD Priority from NZ

Originally Posted by micnz
Hi just wondering if there is anyone else still waiting from New Zealand or Australia over 40 BD from biometrics?
We will be day 42 on Monday now I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong with our application. I escalated on 9 Aug but have heard nothing since then. Our application is (well should be) straight forward and was prepared by a professional in London. He tells us to be paitient and that he has prepared it exactly the same as everyone else who was approved before us. Easier said than done though!
i really thought I'd be back in the UK with my husband by now, it's very disheartening when i see other priority applications from USA getting approved in less than 30 days. I thought paying priority meant you got put to front at every stage.
Is there anyone else in the same situation? Should i ring them again??
We are applying from Brisbane, 44 working days today. USA do tend to get answers quicker. I can't see anyone on the timelines with "our dates" just yet, mostly the week before and USA applicants. Fingers crossed it comes to a conclusion soon.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point

you would think Australia and Newzeland would be treated the same as US, they are not a high risk country or a third world.

think many people will be fumed by UKVI ridiculous delays and policies.

just seen someone from Bangladesh received their received just shy of 58 working days on standard route and many application on priority are still waiting decision on day 48 or so.
where the hell have they put the priority ahead of the queue at every stage ??
Old Aug 20th 2018, 12:58 am
Just Joined

kiwigal89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, I have applied from Auckland, NZ and other than receiving the ECO email on the 20th July, I haven't heard anything further yet. Today will be 31 business days for me and I also went through a U.K based solicitor for my application. I also saw several people from the USA getting their visas before NZ/AUS applications, two of which applied after me. It's incredibility frustrating especially as we are part of the Commonwealth, I thought we may have had some sort of priority but I guess not. Fingers crossed for you both that you get your visas this week and mine isn't far behind. My partner is back in London as well so completely feel your pain, it's such an awful process, can't wait to be back there with him soon!!

Last edited by kiwigal89; Aug 20th 2018 at 1:00 am.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Totally agree. I understand a bit of a delay during busy times, but seeing someone from USA received theirs after just 24 days confirms to me that my application has not been "put at the front of the queue at every stage"!!!! I hate to think how long i would have had to wait if i didn't pay priority!!!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 1:12 am
Just Joined

I had no idea this process would be so long and stressful, if i did it over, would have applied at a different time of year perhaps when it is less busy! It would be a little bit easier if they would keep you up to date with what is going on, but you are totally in the dark with everything!!!!!
I also hope that you hear something soon!!!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 2:00 am
Just Joined

I have just received this email from Manila- guessing it means a decision should be made within 10 working days?!.............
Dear Applicant
Re: Notification that your visa application will not be processed within our service standards
Thank you for your UK visa application which is now under consideration. We aim to process regular non settlement applications within 15 working days, regular settlement applications within 60 working days, priority non settlement applications within 3-5 working days and priority settlement applications within 10 working days.
We apologise that we have been unable to meet these targets at this time. There are a number of reasons why we may not be able to meet our processing targets. We regret we are unable to give you a more detailed information whilst we are processing your application. You will be notified of the outcome of your application once your application has been decided.
Please do not go to the visa application centre until you have been advised that your passport is ready for collection.
This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. You will find our contact details at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Yours sincerely
Manila Visa Hub

UK Visas and Immigration
Old Aug 20th 2018, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

I have just received this email from Manila- guessing it means a decision should be made within 10 working days?!.............
Dear Applicant
Re: Notification that your visa application will not be processed within our service standards
Thank you for your UK visa application which is now under consideration. We aim to process regular non settlement applications within 15 working days, regular settlement applications within 60 working days, priority non settlement applications within 3-5 working days and priority settlement applications within 10 working days.
We apologise that we have been unable to meet these targets at this time. There are a number of reasons why we may not be able to meet our processing targets. We regret we are unable to give you a more detailed information whilst we are processing your application. You will be notified of the outcome of your application once your application has been decided.
Please do not go to the visa application centre until you have been advised that your passport is ready for collection.
This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. You will find our contact details at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Yours sincerely
Manila Visa Hub

UK Visas and Immigration
Thats the exact email we received a week ago. I called on Friday and still no decision made. I completely agree, we are not high risk and if the Americans can be processed when they applied after us then there's not equity across the "priority" processing procedure. Frustrating. Just wish they didn't offer it to anyone but the USA seeing as realistically they are the only country to consistently be processed in that timeline.

As long as we actually get it I don't care anymore. The money is paid, the time has passed. I'll be gutted if we've waited and paid extra for a no.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 3:37 am
Just Joined

That is so frustrating! I'm confused though as it was my understanding that the UK shifted its visa processing centre from Manila to Sheffield last year? Which is why we sent our documents to Sheffield? How are they processing it in Manila if the documents are in the U.K?
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiwigal89
That is so frustrating! I'm confused though as it was my understanding that the UK shifted its visa processing centre from Manila to Sheffield last year? Which is why we sent our documents to Sheffield? How are they processing it in Manila if the documents are in the U.K?
That's exactly what I thought!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:06 am
Just Joined

I believe the your application gets decided in Sheffield, but your passport goes to Manila.................(that's what my Immigration Rep told me anyway) and when your Visa is decided it gets stamped in Manila and sent back to you in NZ or Australia
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

I believe the your application gets decided in Sheffield, but your passport goes to Manila.................(that's what my Immigration Rep told me anyway) and when your Visa is decided it gets stamped in Manila and sent back to you in NZ or Australia
Yes that's what I was told too, but the email is the same for both of us and definitely states it is now under consideration (confirmed by the fact that i called and no decision made on friday) and is from Manila Visa Hub, which would suggest it's being decided upon there and not in Sheffield. Others seems to get the same email about timelines but from the Sheffield email.

I read somewhere a while back that when Sheffield is overloaded they get kicked back to Manila. But that email says 10 working days for a decision on priority settlement! I'd be happy with that at this stage, anything to put me out of my misery.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Ah ok that makes more sense. I feel like maybe the visas in Sheffield are divided up in to sections of the world and whoever is looking after Asia-Pacific is on holiday! There really is no rhyme or reason to the process!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

My husband thought the same, that they would work in regional teams within Sheffield, and that I needed worry so much about the slight differences in documents etc (p60 Vs group certificate).

That's a nice thought...maybe they'll come back from their holidays refreshed and in a good mood. Let's hold onto that thought!!!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Yeah I would imagine they probably would as there will be different language barriers as well. Plus USA seems to have A LOT of applicants so there is probably a team dedicated to just the States. I think with it being school holidays and summer in the U.K timing is really bad with lots of people taking holidays during this time. At least we know that those from this side of the world are in the same basket and it hopefully has nothing to do with our actual application! Fingers crossed something comes through this week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.