Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

3 questions: Home Office reference numbers" - What does it mean?

3 questions: Home Office reference numbers" - What does it mean?

Old Sep 8th 2020, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

YXY1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 questions: Home Office reference numbers" - What does it mean?

Hi all

I'm extending my spousal visa (Family Route) and I have a few questions.

1. One of the questions in the online form is "Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?"

Any idea what this is referring to? I guess if you have you will know, but I just wanted to make sure.

2. "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?" and "Explain you other reasons and say what documents you will provide to support your claim"

Do I have to say something like "I want to be with my family" or can I assume that that is a given? I don't understand the intention of this question.

3. Like in the first visa application for the first 2.5 years, photos were necessary - is it necessary for in this round of application (ie the extension of the visa).

Any insight will be deeply appreciated as my visa is expiring on 20 Oct 2020 which means I only have 1 chance to get this right.

Thank you very much!
Old Sep 9th 2020, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 questions: Home Office reference numbers" - What does it mean?

Originally Posted by YXY1984
Hi all

I'm extending my spousal visa (Family Route) and I have a few questions.

1. One of the questions in the online form is "Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?"

Any idea what this is referring to? I guess if you have you will know, but I just wanted to make sure.

2. "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?" and "Explain you other reasons and say what documents you will provide to support your claim"

Do I have to say something like "I want to be with my family" or can I assume that that is a given? I don't understand the intention of this question.

3. Like in the first visa application for the first 2.5 years, photos were necessary - is it necessary for in this round of application (ie the extension of the visa).

Any insight will be deeply appreciated as my visa is expiring on 20 Oct 2020 which means I only have 1 chance to get this right.

Thank you very much!
1. These references perhaps refer to previous applications where a unique references must have been generated on submissions. Simply provide the application/case reference number of previous spouse visa application.

2. By surmising this question is simply to determine as whether will you & family face insurmountable obstacles in relocating abroad where in case if you couldn't be eligible for spouse visa but might fit under flrfp on 10 years route. I think the question is bit self explanatory which should be answered truthfully.

3. No pictures will be needed because you aren't living apart.