British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   3 questions: Home Office reference numbers" - What does it mean? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/3-questions-home-office-reference-numbers-what-does-mean-934721/)

YXY1984 Sep 8th 2020 10:00 pm

3 questions: Home Office reference numbers" - What does it mean?

Hi all

I'm extending my spousal visa (Family Route) and I have a few questions.

1. One of the questions in the online form is "Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?"

Any idea what this is referring to? I guess if you have you will know, but I just wanted to make sure.

2. "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?" and "Explain you other reasons and say what documents you will provide to support your claim"

Do I have to say something like "I want to be with my family" or can I assume that that is a given? I don't understand the intention of this question.

3. Like in the first visa application for the first 2.5 years, photos were necessary - is it necessary for in this round of application (ie the extension of the visa).

Any insight will be deeply appreciated as my visa is expiring on 20 Oct 2020 which means I only have 1 chance to get this right.

Thank you very much!

Policy reader Sep 9th 2020 11:52 am

Re: 3 questions: Home Office reference numbers" - What does it mean?

Originally Posted by YXY1984 (Post 12907516)
Hi all

I'm extending my spousal visa (Family Route) and I have a few questions.

1. One of the questions in the online form is "Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?"

Any idea what this is referring to? I guess if you have you will know, but I just wanted to make sure.

2. "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?" and "Explain you other reasons and say what documents you will provide to support your claim"

Do I have to say something like "I want to be with my family" or can I assume that that is a given? I don't understand the intention of this question.

3. Like in the first visa application for the first 2.5 years, photos were necessary - is it necessary for in this round of application (ie the extension of the visa).

Any insight will be deeply appreciated as my visa is expiring on 20 Oct 2020 which means I only have 1 chance to get this right.

Thank you very much!

1. These references perhaps refer to previous applications where a unique references must have been generated on submissions. Simply provide the application/case reference number of previous spouse visa application.

2. By surmising this question is simply to determine as whether will you & family face insurmountable obstacles in relocating abroad where in case if you couldn't be eligible for spouse visa but might fit under flrfp on 10 years route. I think the question is bit self explanatory which should be answered truthfully.

3. No pictures will be needed because you aren't living apart.