2nd application success!

Old Nov 29th 2018, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Happytiara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd application success!

Hello all
i just wanted to update I received my visa on the 24th of sept. It was exactly 30 business days from when I did my biometrics. I was prepared for it to take longer as it was my 2nd application but so happy that it didn't!

Our first application was rejected in June due to
1. Insufficient evidence of relationship - we only submitted our marriage certificate.
2. Financial requiring not being met - we didn't realise we needed to submit corresponding bank statements of my husband
For our 2nd application we submitted the following
1. Marriage certificate
2. 2-4 pics of us per year for a total of 6 years including our wedding pics - this included holiday pics and pics with family and friends
3. 2-3 emails per year for a total of 7 years
4. 2-3 Facebook posts per year for a total of 5 years including wedding posts of family and friends
5. 10 holidays e-tickets and my husband's 2 trips to Singapore in 2018
6. Screenshots of WhatsApp calls for the month of June-July : we only speak via WhatsApp and only started taking screenshots after the first rejection
7. WhatsApp chat log - 4 year from 2013-2017 and 2 per month for 2018
8. FB chat from 2011-2018 - 2 per year
9. 6 months of salary slips and letter from company confirming his employment and salary - we applied under category A
10. 6 months of stamped bank statements corresponding to salary deposits
11. Tenancy agreement in my husband's name
12. English requirement cert
13. Sponsorship letter from my husband detailing realationship history
14. Letter from landlord confirming that I can live in the flat and will be added to the lease
15. Letter from me explaining why I didn't have my previous passports
16. 2 passport pics

I only sent 1 bundle of originals and no photocopies, the originals were returned about a week before I got my visa. I had paid for the SMS service which was a good thing, as the email from HO came 2 weeks after I had collected my passport!

thank you to everyone and esp Brit in Paris on this forum for all the help and guidance. It really helped me in ensuring I was doing the right thing and also it was just so nice to be able to interact and read about other people who were going thru the same thing.

good luck to everyone applying and waiting for the result!
Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:33 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd application success!

Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

spinrs2k is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats
Old Nov 30th 2018, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

uddin0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Happytiara
Hello all
i just wanted to update I received my visa on the 24th of sept. It was exactly 30 business days from when I did my biometrics. I was prepared for it to take longer as it was my 2nd application but so happy that it didn't!

1. Insufficient evidence of relationship - we only submitted our marriage certificate.
2. Financial requiring not being met - we didn't realise we needed to submit corresponding bank statements of my husband
1. Marriage certificate
2. 2-4 pics of us per year for a total of 6 years including our wedding pics - this included holiday pics and pics with family and friends
4. 2-3 Facebook posts per year for a total of 5 years including wedding posts of family and friends
6. Screenshots of WhatsApp calls for the month of June-July : we only speak via WhatsApp and only started taking screenshots after the first rejection
9. 6 months of salary slips and letter from company confirming his employment and salary - we applied under category A
14. Letter from landlord confirming that I can live in the flat and will be added to the lease
16. 2 passport pics

I only sent 1 bundle of originals and no photocopies, the originals were returned about a week before I got my visa. I had paid for the SMS service which was a good thing, as the email from HO came 2 weeks after I had collected my passport!

thank you to everyone and esp Brit in Paris on this forum for all the help and guidance. It really helped me in ensuring I was doing the right thing and also it was just so nice to be able to interact and read about other people who were going thru the same thing.

Hi i am going through the same, its our 2nd application..first one refused in 2016 because HO didnt accept my employment.
This time we applied using 2 jobs and savings. We are surely well over the £18,600 requirement.
I have provided 6 months payslips for both jobs and 6 months bank statement (stamped by barclays) showing the salary being deposit and the amount of savings kept in account for 6 months.
we are 8 weeks from out online application.

Hi can i ask did you apply priority? did u use 1 or 2 jobs? did HO interview you or your employer.
Old Dec 1st 2018, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uddin0
Hi i am going through the same, its our 2nd application..first one refused in 2016 because HO didnt accept my employment.
This time we applied using 2 jobs and savings. We are surely well over the £18,600 requirement.
I have provided 6 months payslips for both jobs and 6 months bank statement (stamped by barclays) showing the salary being deposit and the amount of savings kept in account for 6 months.
we are 8 weeks from out online application.

Hi can i ask did you apply priority? did u use 1 or 2 jobs? did HO interview you or your employer.
hi! We did use priority and got the result within 30 working days. We used one job and no HO didn't get in touch with my husband, his employer or me.
hope this helps!
Old Dec 1st 2018, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

hi! We did use priority and got the result within 30 working days. We used one job and no HO didn't get in touch with my husband, his employer or me.
hope this helps!
We applied non priority...we applied on 8 october 2018..do you think we should get a result soon?
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uddin0
We applied non priority...we applied on 8 october 2018..do you think we should get a result soon?
I am sorry but I have no way of knowing when you wipl
hear back. I hope you get a positive result soon and wish you all the best.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

I am sorry but I have no way of knowing when you wipl
hear back. I hope you get a positive result soon and wish you all the best.
thanks
Old Jan 4th 2019, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

godrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 2nd application success!

Hello all

1. Marriage certificate
16. 2 passport pics

Congrats once again, I did my biometrics November 26th and paid for priority service both with their agent and also for my settlement application.
December 11th i got a mail from Sheffield acknowledging my online application.
Does it mean the 30 days start counting right from biometrics or from the day i got the email from sheffield.
The waiting is killing
kindly advice
Old Jan 4th 2019, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by godrules
Congrats once again, I did my biometrics November 26th and paid for priority service both with their agent and also for my settlement application.
December 11th i got a mail from Sheffield acknowledging my online application.
Does it mean the 30 days start counting right from biometrics or from the day i got the email from sheffield.
The waiting is killing
kindly advice
hi!
the 30 days start from the date of biometrics, and it's 30 business days so Christmas and new year holidays won't be included.

good luck and I hope you get a positive response soon!