2nd Ancestry Visa - Possible problem with one document

Old Sep 20th 2017, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Nealieboyee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd Ancestry Visa - Possible problem with one document

Hello All,
I'm returning to the UK from South Africa and need to apply for my second ancestry Visa. I've got all the original documents ready except for one. My mother's birth certificate is a certified copy of the original. Now we used that to get my first ancestry Visa in 2008, but the Visa agent has cautioned that the high commission is more strict on birth certificates now and want originals. The problem is that there is no original anymore and she was born in Zimbabwe. Getting an original document from there is almost impossible.

Visa agent has said it's risky but may be ok.

I don't want to throw away thousands so has anyone tried for this Visa in the last couple of years with non-original documents?

Thanks
Neal
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd Ancestry Visa - Possible problem with one document

Who certified the copy? ..... Is it a notary or lawyer who certified a photocopy, or is it a "copy" provided by the registrar? Because there is only one original, so what you get when you apply for a new "original certificate", is actually a copy of the true original as held by the registrar, certified by the registrar as a copy of the true original.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd Ancestry Visa - Possible problem with one document

Originally Posted by Nealieboyee
Hello All,
I'm returning to the UK from South Africa and need to apply for my second ancestry Visa. I've got all the original documents ready except for one. My mother's birth certificate is a certified copy of the original. Now we used that to get my first ancestry Visa in 2008, but the Visa agent has cautioned that the high commission is more strict on birth certificates now and want originals. The problem is that there is no original anymore and she was born in Zimbabwe. Getting an original document from there is almost impossible.

Visa agent has said it's risky but may be ok.

I don't want to throw away thousands so has anyone tried for this Visa in the last couple of years with non-original documents?

Thanks
Neal
A SA/UK friend, based in the UK, used bunnyhop co za to get her birth certificate as she was born in Bulawayo. They provide an excellent service for documents from Zimbabwe and been around for quite some time.

With the current climate it is probably wise not to give HO any excuse to refuse your application, even if some years back it was ok.