28 day rule on financial statements - advice needed

Old Aug 4th 2018, 2:23 am
Just Joined

thaong88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 28 day rule on financial statements - advice needed

Hi everyone.

Some background story, I am a Vietnamese citizen and my husband is a UK Citizen. We had been together for 6 years until our wedding in May 2018 in Vietnam. My husband moved back to the UK in September 2017 to find a job when we decided to get married. He started his job in December 2017. So I applied for my spouse visa online on 17th July and took my passport and get biometrics at VFS Ho Chi Minh on 21sr July. I then sent all documents to my husband in the UK who then put in his supporting documents before sending to Sheffield. I only realized that when he sent his bank statements, he missed the one in June. His salary comes into his account at the end of the month but he said the statement of previous month is only available on the 12th of every month. He only assumed that as long as he included 6 month statements, it's fine. He didn't know about the 28 day rules. Hence, he put in statements from Dec to May, and his salary slips from Dec to June and a letter from his employer dated on 4th July with details about his position, his salary, how long he has worked there, his type of employment.

My questions are:
- Does the letter from HR make up for the lack of June statement and that our last statement is long overdue when we applied?
- Is this something that cause refusal immediately or will they ask us to send extra documents?
- I put down my travel date as 22nd December. Is it too optimistic or do you think it's reasonable?

I understand this is our negligence and we are super anxious about this huge mistake. Thanks in advance for the advice! It's going to be some anxious few months.
Old Aug 4th 2018, 12:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 28 day rule on financial statements - advice needed

- If the bank statements are issued on the 12th of each month for the previous month and you applied on 17th July then the expectation would be that the statement for June would be included. That you have included the December payslip and bank statement may save you however.

- That will be up to your ECO.

- 22nd December sounds fine.
Old Aug 4th 2018, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
- If the bank statements are issued on the 12th of each month for the previous month and you applied on 17th July then the expectation would be that the statement for June would be included. That you have included the December payslip and bank statement may save you however.

- That will be up to your ECO.

- 22nd December sounds fine.
Dear BritInParis,

Thanks for the reply. The bank statement is available on the 12th of each month but my husband went to the bank on the 10th. Of course he didn't know about the 28-day rule so he couldn't have gone later. We just hoped that with the confirmation letter from HR dated on the 4th July, the ECO can see that it's an honest mistake and can overlook it. Thanks again. I asked him to obtain the two statements for June and July ready anyway in case they email and ask for them
Old Aug 4th 2018, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Sorry, another question after reading someone else's situation and seeing us there. I forgot to mention my husband's December salary slip and bank statement showed amounts less than his monthly salary because he didn't start at the beginning of the month. Will this be a problem?

Also his job entitles travelling from time to time and the salary of the months that he travelled showed more than his monthly salary. The salary slips explain this though. We did submit salary slips along with the bank statements. I hope this won't be a problem?

Thanks again for all the support
Old Aug 4th 2018, 7:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

To be brutally honest any second guessing now will be purely academic if the application has already been submitted. You will just have to wait it out and see what the decision is.