28 Day Rule Date

Old Dec 31st 2018, 10:16 am
JPS
Just Joined

JPS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 28 Day Rule Date

Hi Everyone, I have just joined this forum group and have a question regarding the my application for my wifes UK Spouse visa and the financial supporting evidence, I have read on UKVI's guidance notes that "evidence must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application", however, it does not state which date is used, the date of the online payment and submission of application OR the date of the application submission at the Biometric appointment.

Sorry about this being a long post, but I have posted this question on another forum and I get two opinions date of online application and date of biometrics, I called UKVI and they told me its 28 days up to the point of Biometrics appointment, then I was told this is wrong so I emailed them and they would not say either way, so then this morning I called them and they said its 28 days up to the date of the biometrics appointment, I did record the telephone call and get a reference number so I have now emailed and told thim this and that I would like an Email from them confirming this is correct.

I am lost at the moment as I dont know what to do regards submitting evidence, when ever I pay for the application online through UKVI my wife cant get to Moscow for approx 2-3 three weeks due to her work to attened the Biometrics appoinment, which means my supporting documents would be nearly 5-6 weeks old and then we have I think 20 days to submit evidence to Sheffield, which means my evidence will be nearly 8 weeks old.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 28 Day Rule Date

Originally Posted by JPS
Hi Everyone, I have just joined this forum group and have a question regarding the my application for my wifes UK Spouse visa and the financial supporting evidence, I have read on UKVI's guidance notes that "evidence must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application", however, it does not state which date is used, the date of the online payment and submission of application OR the date of the application submission at the Biometric appointment..
Hi, I am about to submit FLR(M) in one week so this is of interest to me.
I was led to believe it was from the date of online application submission and payment and work backwords from then. If this is wrong then I need to know asap. My 28 days is based on my monthly bank statement dates and they are usually a week or two late to arrive by post.
Because biometrics requires an appointment it creates too many 28 day variables and this would leave the applicant with little or no control.
Hope I am right!

Added. Quick search found this in relation to financial evidence
(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

Here
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence 1.L

Last edited by bobbyleo; Jan 1st 2019 at 6:23 am.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 9:08 am
JPS
Just Joined

Yes I have read the Appendix as well, and they do not give any information on which date they use for the 28 day ruling, online payment and submission or biometrics and submission. I have seeked advice legally and they have said its very misleading but doesnt surprise them due to the aggresive immigration plan set out by the Homeoffice, where UKVI will fail anyone on any tiny matter, which if you look at the fees they charge isnt surprising as its a money maker for them.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Happytiara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
based on my research and my solicitor, the 28 day rule is from date of ONLINE application. There have been cases of rejection for financial documents dated after the online submission date. My visa was approved in sept 2018.

good luck!
Old Jan 1st 2019, 9:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The date of application is the date you lodge your application online. A forum search will provide numerous examples.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 9:42 am
JPS
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Happytiara
Hello!
based on my research and my solicitor, the 28 day rule is from date of ONLINE application. There have been cases of rejection for financial documents dated after the online submission date. My visa was approved in sept 2018.

good luck!
Thanks for the reply Happytiara, I have also seen its from the ONLINE application and have seen people rejected for producing documents after the ONLINE application but then why are UKVI are saying different on two occasions, this is why I have concern, as I dont want to pay all this money and get it wrong, as I doubt you could legal take UKVI on for providing you with the wrong misleading informaion.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 9:43 am
JPS
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The date of application is the date you lodge your application online. A forum search will provide numerous examples.
Yes I understand that and have read them, but why are UKVI saying totally different? Would they change the goal posts and not publicly announce it?
Old Jan 1st 2019, 10:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JPS
but why are UKVI saying totally different? Would they change the goal posts and not publicly announce it?
No idea.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Wa8ing is an unknown quantity at this point

I have read a transcript of court case where the ECO and applicant defended themselves and the judge came to the conclusion that the application date is when a payment is made for the application.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wa8ing
I have read a transcript of court case where the ECO and applicant defended themselves and the judge came to the conclusion that the application date is when a payment is made for the application.
I figure that when you press the button to submit the application its final.

Last edited by bobbyleo; Jan 1st 2019 at 4:51 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 12:07 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s the date you submit the application online. If UKVI told you over the phone otherwise then they either misunderstood your question or were mistaken.