Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

Old Aug 10th 2018, 7:19 am
Just Joined

sinapooh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

Hello to all
I applied for a UK fiance visa on 6th of April with pass back service from Istanbul VAC center. I received an email from the VAC company on 9th of July to tell me a decision has been made for my case and now i have to resubmit my passport to the VAC company in Istanbul again. My passport was resubmitted on the 19th of July and after 22 days i haven't heard anything about my passport.
I'm really worry about what happened to my passport and still don't know the outcome of my visa.
Is there anyone here can help me and give some advices
Thank you all in advance
Old Aug 10th 2018, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

Hi

have you tried to call VAC?
Old Aug 10th 2018, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Default Re: 22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

Originally Posted by Nora_
Hi

have you tried to call VAC?
unfortunately the VAC company doesn't have any number. There is only one option for inquiry and i did that but they just gave me useless information. As i live in Iran and i applied from Istanbul i can't go to the center and ask then in person.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sinapooh

unfortunately the VAC company doesn't have any number. There is only one option for inquiry and i did that but they just gave me useless information. As i live in Iran and i applied from Istanbul i can't go to the center and ask then in person.
I searched in Turkish, came across below phone number.
(+90 (212) 370 31 00)

Hope it will help.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point

if they ask for your passport it means you have been granted visa.

did you use an agency to submit your passport?

it could be they haven't done this as on the form it says up to 4 working days and yours has certainly passed that timelimit
Old Aug 10th 2018, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

greenwells is an unknown quantity at this point

Same problem with me
my wife received an email saying the spouse visa refusal decision has been overturned on 25th july. She submitted her passport to the shanghai VAC on 26th July and to today still have heard nothing back.

it is frustrating as there is no one to contact. The telephone line for 1.37per minute just waste time asking for your details then say they cannot help at all.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nora_
I searched in Turkish, came across below phone number.
(+90 (212) 370 31 00)

Hope it will help.
Thank you dearly for your help. Unfortunately the number is for Switzerland VAC. Both UK and Switzerland VAC are in a same addressee in Istanbul but they are separate and couldn't help
Old Aug 10th 2018, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shadowfair
if they ask for your passport it means you have been granted visa.

did you use an agency to submit your passport?

it could be they haven't done this as on the form it says up to 4 working days and yours has certainly passed that timelimit
is that really always true if they ask for the passport it means they have granted the visa????
I used and an agency to do the work for me and my first guess was that they might haven't resubmitted my passport. After i contact the agancy they sent me the receipt that conform the VAC has received the passport.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

hopefully , fingers crossed you get your visa
when did they submit it ?

I
Old Aug 16th 2018, 6:21 am
Just Joined

hopefully , fingers crossed you get your visa
when did they submit it ?

I
Thank you Shadowfair
Based on the receipt the VAC center received to my passport on 19/07/2018.
My sponsor contacted the UKVI again this time via email and they said my case is still "open" based on their system. I don't know what that exactly means!!!
Also they said they will escalate my case but they gave me 15 working days again.
Does anyone knows what that "open" means? and what will happen now they said they will escalate my case?
Old Aug 16th 2018, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

open to me means it is still open and visa vignette is not in your passport yet

If you check your tls papers, it does say it takes 4 working days to stick the vignette on the passport so either they are very busy or agency you used was rogue.

agency could fake the drop off receipt very easily and it is quite common i guess.

not trying to make you worried but saying if you can maybe ask a member of your family to go to istanbul as it is possible your visa has not been issued yet.

you could also ask your sponser to contact his/her mp so they can write to UKVI to find out if the passport has been handed in

maybe call these agencies

https://www.saliansafar.com/
https://skylinevisa.com/index.php/
or type in farsi " pick up passport in instanbul" in google and it brings up loads of results... call them up and ask how long would it normally take for the passport to be returned

you could alternativekly apply for another passport and travel to istanbul but not sure what issues that might cause with your visa as you are going on a new travel document which ukvi does not have a record of
Old Aug 17th 2018, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Question for you, who did you get the email from to submit your passport?

did you get it from visasheffo or visaistanb?

i am in same situation and waiting for the email
so any help is much appreciated
Old Aug 20th 2018, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Question for you, who did you get the email from to submit your passport?

did you get it from visasheffo or visaistanb?

i am in same situation and waiting for the email
so any help is much appreciated
sorry for the delay
I received that email from VAC company.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks

so no decision made email from sheffffield email?
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Many thanks

so no decision made email from sheffffield email?
no nothing. should i have received an email from them too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.