Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

Old Aug 30th 2018, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

Seems it happens to everyone as decision made rmail doesn’t update tls or even some people say the ukvi contact centre says case is still ynder consideration and open despite the email from ho
Old Aug 30th 2018, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Sindy2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 22 days since i resubmitted my passport to stick my visa but nothing so far

Originally Posted by Stissa
Not yet. But I received an email that i told you the decision has been made. I am confuse as well.
I also handed my passport at 11am on Monday 27th and still nothing
I am thinking of going back tomorrow . have you tried going back and speaking to theme explaining your situation?

I am staying in hotel . it says 4 working days on paper so I should have had it back today but on the email it says 7 calender days which is 5 working days!!

Last edited by Sindy2018; Aug 30th 2018 at 9:24 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

sinapooh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shadowfair
have you tried asking someone else flying to istanbul and checking if the passport was ever handed over ?
It could be it was handed over and not picked up ontime and went back to british embassy

I would ask someone to flyover and check as I wouldn't trust an agent
Using an agency for sending passport is very common in Iran because we don't have US and Canadian embassy here and even for the UK that we have thier embassy here, Iranian prefer to go to Turkey, UAE or Georgia for applying for a visa. Agencies here dealing with loads of passports every week. Also the agency i used for my passport is very well known here and they keep assuring me that they have resubmitted my passport in the VAC center and as i said before they showed me the receipt of it.
Beside that my deadline for resubmiting my passport was on 6th of August and my case should have been rejected by now if that was the problem. But based on UKVI they told us our case is still open after that deadline when we called them.
I have considered sending someone from my family to the Istanbul to go to the VAC center to check but the problem is they don't answer to any question.
i don't know if it is possible but i think maybe the UKVI is considering my case again !!!!!!!!
Old Aug 30th 2018, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sinapooh

Using an agency for sending passport is very common in Iran because we don't have US and Canadian embassy here and even for the UK that we have thier embassy here, Iranian prefer to go to Turkey, UAE or Georgia for applying for a visa. Agencies here dealing with loads of passports every week. Also the agency i used for my passport is very well known here and they keep assuring me that they have resubmitted my passport in the VAC center and as i said before they showed me the receipt of it.
Beside that my deadline for resubmiting my passport was on 6th of August and my case should have been rejected by now if that was the problem. But based on UKVI they told us our case is still open after that deadline when we called them.
I have considered sending someone from my family to the Istanbul to go to the VAC center to check but the problem is they don't answer to any question.
i don't know if it is possible but i think maybe the UKVI is considering my case again !!!!!!!!
sorry to hear that

hope it is sorted soon and keep us posted. Any reason why they would re consider? I suppose if you met financial through paid salary and also have accomodation and no bad immigration history, I can’t understand why they would do that
Old Aug 30th 2018, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

sinapooh is an unknown quantity at this point

have you tried asking someone else flying to istanbul and checking if the passport was ever handed over ?
It could be it was handed over and not picked up ontime and went back to british embassy

I would ask someone to flyover and check as I wouldn't trust an agent

sorry to hear that

hope it is sorted soon and keep us posted. Any reason why they would re consider? I suppose if you met financial through paid salary and also have accomodation and no bad immigration history, I can’t understand why they would do that
My sponsor working for the government with 60k annual salary. He has his own detached house. I applied for a visitor visa to spend a month with him but they refused my visa which was completely predictable 😁. That's all.
We just send an extra supporting doc to the Sheffield just two weeks before I received my decision made email and i guess maybe that letter cause they open our case again. But I'm kind of sure it's not the case because they don't consider any document applicant sends after the submission of the main bundle of supporting documents
Old Aug 30th 2018, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sinapooh

My sponsor working for the government with 60k annual salary. He has his own detached house. I applied for a visitor visa to spend a month with him but they refused my visa which was completely predictable 😁. That's all.
We just send an extra supporting doc to the Sheffield just two weeks before I received my decision made email and i guess maybe that letter cause they open our case again. But I'm kind of sure it's not the case because they don't consider any document applicant sends after the submission of the main bundle of supporting documents
sending in new things won't be acceptted but have seen people that said homeoffice has accepted it .

assuming you haven't sent anything in which is against you then ...
it could be the decision maker was junior somehow and it is under review but I wouldn't even go there and keeps my hope up.
i know it is very difficult and hope you sort this out asap
Old Aug 31st 2018, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Stissa is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the same situation sindy i just resubmitted on 27th of August at 10.45. And now i am waiting at the hotel and i must extend because I haven’t heard anything from them. Can we go back together to speak with them about this on monday if you want?
Old Aug 31st 2018, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sindy2018
sending in new things won't be acceptted but have seen people that said homeoffice has accepted it .

assuming you haven't sent anything in which is against you then ...
it could be the decision maker was junior somehow and it is under review but I wouldn't even go there and keeps my hope up.
i know it is very difficult and hope you sort this out asap

hello sindy did you get your passport back?
Old Aug 31st 2018, 10:17 am
Just Joined

no you ? did you go and check with them ?

not in instanbul at the moment ( in ankara)
Old Aug 31st 2018, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

no you ? did you go and check with them ?

not in instanbul at the moment ( in ankara)
oh ok you applied from ankara, I thought you have applied from Istanbul as well. I will going to VAC Centre on monday
Old Aug 31st 2018, 10:49 am
Just Joined

did they tell you , you will get an email ?

the guys struggled to speak english on my side so I assume I will get an email
have you checked the flights? extremly expensive to london form Istanbul
Old Aug 31st 2018, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

did they tell you , you will get an email ?

the guys struggled to speak english on my side so I assume I will get an email
have you checked the flights? extremly expensive to london form Istanbul

yes same situation with me they cannot speak English well this make me difficult. Yes i know the ticket is soo expensive but its ok for me i need to come back to london i am pregnant almost 8 months so that’s why it makes me so frustrating. Yes they also said i will receive an email when my passport is ready to collect, but why it takes sooooo long
Old Aug 31st 2018, 11:11 am
Just Joined

i thought you won't be allowed to flight but might be wrong with 8 month old baby .

hope all is sorted for you asap. keep us updated
Old Aug 31st 2018, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stissa

yes same situation with me they cannot speak English well this make me difficult. Yes i know the ticket is soo expensive but its ok for me i need to come back to london i am pregnant almost 8 months so that’s why it makes me so frustrating. Yes they also said i will receive an email when my passport is ready to collect, but why it takes sooooo long
did you apply using priority?
Old Aug 31st 2018, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

did you apply using priority?

no, i am not using priority

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.