2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old May 11th 2017, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

kathwill60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Thanks for taking the time to post your timeline. Did you use the priority service?
Old May 11th 2017, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

smelton is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I did not
Old May 13th 2017, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

ed.would is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mexican wife had her biometrics appointment 21/03/17, a couple of days later the confirmation email that documents had been received in Bogota, and nothing since (now 53 days). She was told in Mexico City it would probably be 90 days due to the sharp increase in applications.

We were unable to pay for priority because the VFS website was down.
Old May 13th 2017, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ed.would
My Mexican wife had her biometrics appointment 21/03/17, a couple of days later the confirmation email that documents had been received in Bogota, and nothing since (now 53 days). She was told in Mexico City it would probably be 90 days due to the sharp increase in applications.

We were unable to pay for priority because the VFS website was down.

Keep in mind it's only working days. Right now you're only at 36 working days since your biometrics appointment, considering the 3 bank holidays over the last month or so.
I know it seems like a lot longer than it really has been because of that. They can't process the application until your docs are received, so I started my calendar on that day and up to the day I got my decision made email it has been 48 days.
I'm on another website called Talk UK Yankee where there are threads for every month people have made an application, right now, those of us who submitted our applications in late February are just now hearing back, so I'm afraid to say it will probably be a while longer for you. I'd head over there if anyone wants anymore info.
Old May 14th 2017, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

ed.would is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Smelton. Congratulations on receiving yours mate!! Yes hopefully in the next month we'll get our confirmation email. I'll check that site you mention. cheers
Old May 15th 2017, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Mandi908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone...

We applied (priority service) on 04 April. I'm British and my husband is Indian. The documents were received in Sheffield on 05 April. It's been 26 working days and we haven't heard anything. My solicitor has sent 2 letters to Sheffield to chase and no response. Priority service applications should be processed within 15 working days. Is anyone experiencing a similar situation with the priority service ?

Last edited by Mandi908; May 15th 2017 at 1:04 pm. Reason: Missed information
Old May 15th 2017, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mandi908
Hi everyone...

We applied (priority service) on 04 April. I'm British and my husband is Indian. The documents were received in Sheffield on 05 April. It's been 26 working days and we haven't heard anything. My solicitor has sent 2 letters to Sheffield to chase and no response. Priority service applications should be processed within 15 working days. Is anyone experiencing a similar situation with the priority service ?
Priority applications aren't guaranteed 15 days. Right now they're taking about 4 weeks to process, if that. That's the kind of crappy thing about priority, you're placed in front of the queue, but you're not really gauranteed a time, they can take as long as they want, especially if they get backed up. It also depends on the country you apply from. I'd really encourage everyone following this thread to go over to Talk Uk Yankee and follow the thread for your month. There is a April timeline and a lot of those people applied priority. You should check it out.
Old May 15th 2017, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Mandi908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smelton
Priority applications aren't guaranteed 15 days. Right now they're taking about 4 weeks to process, if that. That's the kind of crappy thing about priority, you're placed in front of the queue, but you're not really gauranteed a time, they can take as long as they want, especially if they get backed up. It also depends on the country you apply from. I'd really encourage everyone following this thread to go over to Talk Uk Yankee and follow the thread for your month. There is a April timeline and a lot of those people applied priority. You should check it out.
Thank you for your reply. The wait Is very frustrating! Will go to the Talk UK Yankee as suggested.

Thanks again.
Old May 20th 2017, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Ariea is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep in mind it's only working days. Right now you're only at 36 working days since your biometrics appointment, considering the 3 bank holidays over the last month or so.
I know it seems like a lot longer than it really has been because of that. They can't process the application until your docs are received, so I started my calendar on that day and up to the day I got my decision made email it has been 48 days.
I'm on another website called Talk UK Yankee where there are threads for every month people have made an application, right now, those of us who submitted our applications in late February are just now hearing back, so I'm afraid to say it will probably be a while longer for you. I'd head over there if anyone wants anymore info.
Hi we applied for settlement visa on 24th Feb 2017 with priority service and haven't received any email or message regarding the visa. Need urgent help does anyone know why it's taking so long?
Old May 22nd 2017, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Laciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandi908
Hi everyone...

Hi,
I'm in the same boat.
Our 15 days (used priority, lots of money) will expire on the 31st of May
I hoping to get an answer before the 29th bank holiday.
Just waiting....
Old May 23rd 2017, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Laciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond repute

FYI ,
"PRIORITY SERVICE"
They ( the home office) HAVE to give you an answer in 15 working days, (either Yes or No) is in the terms and conditions otherwise you should ask the fee back as they broke what you paid for .
Old May 23rd 2017, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

MattP73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laciuk
FYI ,
"PRIORITY SERVICE"
They ( the home office) HAVE to give you an answer in 15 working days, (either Yes or No) is in the terms and conditions otherwise you should ask the fee back as they broke what you paid for .
I cant see this happening some how. My wife applied in Manila on the 7th April and we paid for Priority and we have heard nothing yet. Now into the 8th week.
This comes off the UKVI website:
If we can’t make a decision within the service standards
If there is a problem with your application or if it is complex, we will write to explain why it will not be decided within the normal standard. We will write within the normal processing time for the 8 week standard and within 12 weeks for the 6 month standard. The letter will explain what will happen next.

Well we are still waiting for that....
Old May 23rd 2017, 9:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

FYI ,
"PRIORITY SERVICE"
Not quite. The priority settlement service only guarantees that your application moves to the front of the queue for assessment. If the application is complex or there are many others paying for priority service then it will negate much of the advantage.
Old May 23rd 2017, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Not quite. The priority settlement service only guarantees that your application moves to the front of the queue for assessment. If the application is complex or there are many others paying for priority service then it will negate much of the advantage.
Well in the visa centre in Ukraine they specified that in 15 working days they "HAVE TO" answer or refund the service fee.
And when you submit the payment is in the terms and conditions also......
Guess every case is different and every visa centre works in a different ways.

Last edited by Laciuk; May 23rd 2017 at 9:41 pm.
Old May 23rd 2017, 10:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Well in the visa centre in Ukraine they specified that in 15 working days they "HAVE TO" answer or refund the service fee.
And when you submit the payment is in the terms and conditions also......
Guess every case is different and every visa centre works in a different ways.
I've underlined the relevant parts.

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ua/kbp/pag..._services#S-PV

Settlement Priority Visa Service € 672.22

UK Visas & Immigration offers a standard 60 working day service to customers applying for a settlement visa.
The Settlement Priority Visa Service ensures that your application will be processed at the front of the queue. We aim to process Settlement Priority Visas within 15 working days from the date of your appointment at the UK Visa Application Centre.

Please note: Using the Priority Visa Service will not influence the outcome of your visa application. The Priority Visa fee is not refundable if your visa application is refused or in the unlikely event we are not able to meet the advertised processing time. It is not possible to purchase this service after you have submitted your application at the UK Visa Application Centre. This service is not available to customers applying for an EEA Family Permit, Family Reunion or to those who have not paid the full settlement visa fee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.