2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old Jun 18th 2017, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Untraceablebr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by Sophmason
I never received a decision made email but knew it had been decided on wed 7 June because I checked online. I had to wait until thurs 15 June To receive an email saying my documents had arrived at vfs and then received my documents by courier the next day.

Hopefully you will get your docs soon! It's a tedious process!
Hello, thanks for your reply. That's very helpful. Yes it's a extremely tedious process and requires unlimited patience! Hopefully this week will be with us (10 working days since dispatched will be on Friday)
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

ReinoUnido is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

New to this forum, but not new to the struggle that is the visa process. I've shared my timeline below.

Biometrics/Application (priority) from Madrid, Spain: April 26th
Docs received by Sheffield (confirmation email): April 27th

Currently still waiting (37 working days).

I was curious as to if anyone else in this forum applied from Europe? I've not seen many examples of Europe timelines and have been curious what might be the case for us. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Ahhhhh is an unknown quantity at this point

Shanghai application

Application submitted online 20th April
Documents posted to Sheffield 21st April
Biometrics completed 24th April
Application on visa4uk stated as being submitted on 26th April

Documents were returned in less than a week. No emails or further communication since.

Phone calls to Sintel always come back with the same response - waiting for a decision to be made.

We didn't have the option of applying priority. According to the processing times from February, 85% of applications should have been completed by now (for applications from Shanghai).
Old Jun 20th 2017, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Usman Wahla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Balrog
Hey guys

Sorry for this post. I'm submitting my application tomorrow. Here is my checklist added as an appendix to the cover letter.

Detailed Appendix to Application

I. Applicant Information
Applicant’s Letter of Introduction/cover letter.
VAF4A form (application as filled online)
Appendix 2 Financial information form.
Proof of application fee being paid.
Proof of IHS payment.
Original passports (new and old) and copies of both.
2 color passport-sized photos
Biometrics Confirmation
TB test certificate
IELTS test result
Detailed CV and academic qualifications (photocopies as original degree sizes are not A4).
Most recent job contract and employment details.
Payslips for 6 months (most recent).
Original bank statements for 6 months from HDFC bank.
Tax returns disclosing income for last two years and tax paid to Indian government.
Proposed flight itinerary for September 1, 2017.

II. Sponsor Personal Information
Sponsor’s cover letter.
SU07 form filled in by sponsor
Copy of Passport Bio Page
All previous passports of sponsor, full copies.
Birth Certificate
Army identity card of sponsor

III. Sponsor’s financial information in support of application
Letter confirming sponsor’s employment with XX Ltd.
Employment contract from XX Ltd.
P 60 for two years from XX Ltd.
Payslips for 6 months from XX Ltd.
Letter confirming work as army reservist
Payslips for 6 months for work done as army reservist
P60 for work as army reservist for 2016. The P60 for 2017 has not yet been furnished.
Bank statements from XX Bank for six months.
Ownership of property recently purchased by sponsor.
Rates bill (in lieu of Council Tax bill) in the name of sponsor for recently purchased property.

IV. Accommodation Evidence
Note: Since the sponsor lives with his mother, we have provided documents showing Mrs. D's ownership of (property address) and her request to have the applicant stay there.

Accommodation sponsor's letter of invitation.
SU07 form filled and signed by accommodation sponsor.
Passport bio pages of accommodation sponsor.
Voter ID card.
Property Inspection Report.
Property pictures.
Property documents demonstrating ownership of property by.
Rates bill (as Northern Ireland doesn’t have a Council Tax bill).
Additional utility bills.

V. Applicant-Sponsor Relationship

Original marriage certificate from Sub-Registrar’s office Adyar, Chennai.
Wedding photographs and other relationship photographs.
Wedding invitation (Original)
Flight and hotel confirmations from visits to Delhi, Goa, Abu Dhabi, Northern Ireland.
E-mails between couple. These include emails with the hotel confirming wedding plans.
Facebook messages full log.
WhatsApp text and call logs extracted from WhatsApp archive minus images.

What have I forgotten to add?
Hi there, can you share your quick tip on how to present the whatsapp chat log as those are massive in general.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

So I extracted the what'sapp log from the archive. It automatically deletes images and says so but leaves your chat and calls intact.

However, this may not be the right way. I saw one refusal letter (sadly later) of someone who was told that emails and what'sapp conversations could be edited since they were documents that could be controlled by the applicant, I.e., manipulated somehow.

Then someone else said screenshots were the way to go. In my case, the what'sapp log was barely 15 pages since it isn't our primary medium of communication. We use Facebook messenger. So I submitted about 264 pages of Facebook chats and call logs similarly extracted by following instructions found online for google chrome browser. It's a script that scrolls automatically to your very first fb message and then you can simply copy and paste it and delete pictures etc which are too personal. The problem with this method is that it doesn't give you the time of calls, only the date.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 7:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Balrog
Hi

So I extracted the what'sapp log from the archive. It automatically deletes images and says so but leaves your chat and calls intact.

However, this may not be the right way. I saw one refusal letter (sadly later) of someone who was told that emails and what'sapp conversations could be edited since they were documents that could be controlled by the applicant, I.e., manipulated somehow.

Then someone else said screenshots were the way to go. In my case, the what'sapp log was barely 15 pages since it isn't our primary medium of communication. We use Facebook messenger. So I submitted about 264 pages of Facebook chats and call logs similarly extracted by following instructions found online for google chrome browser. It's a script that scrolls automatically to your very first fb message and then you can simply copy and paste it and delete pictures etc which are too personal. The problem with this method is that it doesn't give you the time of calls, only the date.
264 pages? Your ECO is going to love you.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yeah.. I'm thorough. I hope it doesn't get rejected because of TOO MUCH INFORMATION.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 10:50 am
Just Joined

azimahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Photoplex
A thousands times this. Unsubscribing from this ridiculous thread

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I think that is way too much for them to read! 20% of that would suffice to be honest.

Hello Everyone,

Please note that chats are acceptable as evidence to support the visa but whats app calls aren't! Calls are also very important so use other media or an international simcard with statements as evidence.

It appears UKVI Sheffield have completed processing applications submitted in March 2017, so most if not everyone should have at least received some sort of response or update from them by now. April applications should begin this week.

Also, anyone else if they could kindly post their timelines when they submitted their visa applications etc and whether any response received, would be good to know.

Thanks to All.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 21st 2017 at 11:49 am. Reason: Posts merged - there's an 'edit' button you can use if you think of something you wish to add just after posting.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Can i ask how you know whatsapp calls are not accepted ?

This is the most common media in which to talk as I am sure nobody is crazy enough to pay for International calls when its free.

Also can you confirm how you know they only start April applications

Thanks Rich
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RichInna
Hi

Can i ask how you know whatsapp calls are not accepted ?

This is the most common media in which to talk as I am sure nobody is crazy enough to pay for International calls when its free.

Also can you confirm how you know they only start April applications

Thanks Rich
Because they have been rejected whatsapp calls before, as the data can be tampered with. People can submit this as a backup but that is it.

Well, nothing to do with UK visa is cheap. I am sure people would rather spend a few quid than to get their applications rejected! I mean you can have a sim for a month or 2, probably £12 each month, so £24 and then whats app chats and calls is good enough.

I know as I have heard from someone I know who works there. It takes around 9 weeks before they even begin processing it.
It is taking this long as of staff and budget cuts, plus the crazy amount of applications they have to process which are still pending at the moment. If you go through this forum and others you will also notice this to be the case. March ones being completed, April ones have begun or are about to.

Last edited by azimahmed; Jun 21st 2017 at 12:34 pm. Reason: More to add
Old Jun 21st 2017, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

My Lawyer advised as long as you screen shot call logs from whatsapp and not word then it is all ok... I work in Law Enforcement and from experience the only thing i would accept is a screen shot versus word.. Thankfully tough I have submitted skype, whatsapp, facebook chats etc all screen shots. ))
Old Jun 21st 2017, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

My Lawyer advised as long as you screen shot call logs from whatsapp and not word then it is all ok... I work in Law Enforcement and from experience the only thing i would accept is a screen shot versus word.. Thankfully tough I have submitted skype, whatsapp, facebook chats etc all screen shots. ))
That is exactly what the other person did and was not accepted. A lawyer advised the calls aspect to be secondary source.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Hope all will be ok as Lawyer has 100% success rate on applications. Also advised to add a letter explaining the medium we use to communicate.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Hope all will be ok as Lawyer has 100% success rate on applications. Also advised to add a letter explaining the medium we use to communicate.
I am sure it will be, especially if he has a 100% success rate. It is also dependant on the circumstance too!

Good luck!
Old Jun 21st 2017, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Yikes my screenshots would have run into 500 plus pages. So I extracted the Facebook chat from google chrome. I didn't tamper with anything. Nothing is redacted. It came down to 265. I sure hope they don't reject my fb chat and call log. We have singularly communicated on fb as the connections are better and it's free. We talk like two to three times a day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.