2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by Spring85
Hello, I just applied for a settlement visa keeping my passport as I had to return to my country the day after the appointment. My question is, whilst the visa is being processed - analised for approval, can I travel to the UK with my husband for two months? I don't need a visitor visa to enter UK. Would I have a problem going through immigration? Once the visa is approved (crossing fingers), when they ask my passport to put the visa in, can I send it from the UK? thank you.
This thread is only for timelines, please do start a new thread with your questions as they are likely to be lost in here.

Thx.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Warri2Basing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Warri2Basing
Hello everyone, here's an update on my app
I got three emails today from TLS;

1. Was to inform me of it been assessed and decision made
2. Was to inform me of it been ready for collection
3. was an email to say it has been dispatched and will be delivered in 24 business hours (i paid for return courier)

Meanwhile, I got another email from UKVI stating my email enquiry has been resolved.

So now I am waiting, anticipating for a Approved Visa

Thanks all for the support....I really wished I saw this forum before I applied.....but God is on the throne...
Will keep you guys updated once I receive my passport
Hello Everyone, here is my timeline (wow, I have waited for almost 8months to post this)....it's been a long journey.

Country applied from: Nigeria
Visa Category applied for: Spouse-wife (Non-priority)
Online submission: 13th March 2017
Biometrics done: 17th March 2017
Supporting documents submitted: 29th March 2017
Agency office: Abuja, Nigeria
Office processing visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline: 12 weeks
Decision made email: 15th June 2017
Date visa received: 16th June 2017

I am overjoyed, beyond words....I appreciate this forum and wish every one still waiting good response in Jesus name...
Old Jun 16th 2017, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Suzane.Muz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone, here is my timeline (wow, I have waited for almost 8months to post this)....it's been a long journey.

I am overjoyed, beyond words....I appreciate this forum and wish every one still waiting good response in Jesus name...
Congratulations � ����� ����� ����
Old Jun 16th 2017, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Untraceablebr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suzane.Muz
Congratulations � ����� ����� ����
Congratulations that's fantastic news!
Old Jun 16th 2017, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

shynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Audreyy10102
I submitted my application April 4th, received by Sheffield April 5th...
Still no word ... Canadians usually get processed quickly , has anyone applied within the same time frame and have had a response ?
Hey, I applied priority from Toronto on April 13, received my confirmation email on April 23. Still awaiting a decision. I only know of one other Canadian so far who applied in April and got theirs. They applied from Vancouver I believe and got theirs in 33 business days. I am currently on business day 42 and getting super worried / annoyed / all the negative feelings, especially as heaps of May applicants from the US have already received their decision. What VFS location did you apply from? Hope you get a result soon!
Old Jun 16th 2017, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations thus was fast.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Audreyy10102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shynes
Hey, I applied priority from Toronto on April 13, received my confirmation email on April 23. Still awaiting a decision. I only know of one other Canadian so far who applied in April and got theirs. They applied from Vancouver I believe and got theirs in 33 business days. I am currently on business day 42 and getting super worried / annoyed / all the negative feelings, especially as heaps of May applicants from the US have already received their decision. What VFS location did you apply from? Hope you get a result soon!
I applied from Ottawa
My lawyer told me that Americans get processed quicker than Canadians , so I try not to look at their timeline.
But my lawyer is surprised I haven't heard yet
Old Jun 16th 2017, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Suzane.Muz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Audreyy10102
I applied from Ottawa
My lawyer told me that Americans get processed quicker than Canadians , so I try not to look at their timeline.
But my lawyer is surprised I haven't heard yet
Not really audreyy I'm checking the us timeline everyday since April and I'm with them in the Yankee forum Uk and some of them from April still waiting for their decision and they applied for prior actually I applied from Arabic country Tunisia suppose to not take long aswell because like 4 per year apply for spouse visa but my hubby called the lawyer two days ago and he informed us that maybe it takes longer than 15 business days Like one month or more because so many things happened with Sheffield lately like not too much employers but like 40000 application until 1st of June so they are stuck plus the summer rush
Btw I checked Pakistan timeline yesterday it was a big surprise for me most of them they got the answer faster than US timeline when suppose people from Pakistan take up to a year non priority and up to 4 months priority but seems 70% of them they got their decision in 25 or 28 max business days for priority visa and 3 months exactly for non priority
Old Jun 16th 2017, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

This is a very fascinating read..

My wife applied for her settlement visa in Kiev on 16th May 2017 and was assured her Priority Visa would be processed in the 10-15 days quoted, from all your posts this is/was obvious that this would not be the case, I called the number that cost me £12.33 for what was clearly someone who had no useful or usable information, we since received an email saying that my email was not on the application and they will not tell me anything BUT I gave them my partners email and mine as requested by the call taker... clearly the system is falling apart at the seams.. We as many of you do had time deadlines to meet due to rent of her apartment etc etc... one of the most frustrating times EVER..

I am unsure the next best thing to do apart from try and wait patiently...

I am going to look into making a formal complaint along and try to claim back some money, they need to be more transparent about the Priority service times and let customers know in advance to allow us to chose or not.

Rant over )))

Thanks Rich
Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

mellyj99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colesy898
So I gave in and called them!! They said it was passed for a desision on the 15th (where as the tracking website I use said it had been passed for a decision on the 11th) so I am now counting my 15 working says from the 15 which I think would have been yesterday. As expected she didn't know much she just said "you should have a decision soon". We applied from outside the UK so can't use gov.uk to track it. I'm hoping everything is ok with the application docs as our lawyer went through everything and organised it all for us.
Even though I haven't really learned anything different to what I new before I feel better after calling them just knowing that someone has it somewhere, in a pile of other applications!

Hello! Which link did you use to check the status of your application? I'm applying from Canada and would love to know where I stand with my application. Thanks!
Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mellyj99
Hello! Which link did you use to check the status of your application? I'm applying from Canada and would love to know where I stand with my application. Thanks!
I am able to track it on TLScontact (that's where the biometrics were done and documents scanned to Sheffield) it is also the website that we paid the Priority service on. I'm not sure if Canada use the same company, if they are you may be able to sign up an account and track your application on there. (It doesn't give a great amount of info though and if you are anything like me it will take over your life because you will be clicking refresh every 10minutes of the day!)
Old Jun 17th 2017, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Sophmason is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - have just received my visa! Thought I'd give my updated timeline.

Application location: Perth, Australia (at the time I applied, the information on the UKVI website said 100% of applications were processed in 30 working days)

10 March 2017: Online application submitted
15 March 2017: biometrics/full application scanned to Sheffield
8 June 2017: received an email stating that my application was not straightforward and could not be processed in the 60 days (inducing complete panic). My application was also pretty straightforward, we met the financial requirements based on savings, my partner and I had been together for over 6 years and my partner had already obtaining PR status in Australia through my sponsorship.
9 June 2017: GWF number finally recognised on the UKVI online status checker and it said a decision had been made 7 June 2017 (one day before I received the 'not straightforward' email)
15 June 2017: received an email from VFS saying that processed application had arrived at VFS and was being couriered to me (I never received any other emails from UKVI about the fact that a decision had been made).
16 June 2017: documents arrived in Perth, visa granted.

This was an incredibly stressful process, particularly given the inconsistency of the emails received (and lack of any further information, even when you called and emailed at great cost). I think the fact that UKVI are still maintaining misleadingly fast processing times on their website is irresponsible (and makes it harder to plan arrival times, causes undue stress etc). I don't understand why they can't just say on their website that most visa processing has moved to Sheffield and as a result, processing times are longer than they were previously.

Thanks everyone for your helpful information during this time!
Old Jun 17th 2017, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Mrsrainbow143 is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy times! Congratulations
Old Jun 17th 2017, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Untraceablebr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question to those who received visa.

I received decision made email from embassy on 7th June also confirming despatch of documents back to Brazil (Colombia to Brazil) and have heard nothing since) they are supposed to go to the VFS in Brazil which we applied from then couriered to our chosen local address as you know.

Did you receive the following:

1.Decision made email from embassy deciding your case
2. VFS global update saying they have your documents) decision back with them ready to ship/collect.

I see people receiving decisions later than us but already have their passports back!
Old Jun 18th 2017, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Sophmason is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Untraceablebr
Quick question to those who received visa.

I received decision made email from embassy on 7th June also confirming despatch of documents back to Brazil (Colombia to Brazil) and have heard nothing since) they are supposed to go to the VFS in Brazil which we applied from then couriered to our chosen local address as you know.

Did you receive the following:

1.Decision made email from embassy deciding your case
2. VFS global update saying they have your documents) decision back with them ready to ship/collect.

I see people receiving decisions later than us but already have their passports back!
I never received a decision made email but knew it had been decided on wed 7 June because I checked online. I had to wait until thurs 15 June To receive an email saying my documents had arrived at vfs and then received my documents by courier the next day.

Hopefully you will get your docs soon! It's a tedious process!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.