“Processing of visa not straightforward” timelines

Old Mar 6th 2019, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

CaliGirlUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default “Processing of visa not straightforward” timelines

​​​​​​Hi All,

So I have already posted in full detail my timeline and the complications we face with the delays in processing my priority settlement visa in another thread. We submitted our Biometrics from SF, California on 13/12/2018. After 3 escalations and two phone calls with local MP’s assistant, I received an email from SHEFO stating “Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible...” on 05/03/2019 (our 56th working day).

My husband and I have to travel together with our two young children, our son is disabled and I am his full time carer. So we are hoping to get a rough idea of a possible timeline (I am aware this will vary on a case to case basis). But if anyone who has received the not straightforward email in their 12th week of priority processinv, how long after did you then receive a decision made email? My husband’s employers want to know what our new timeline is looking like, because he’s supposed to be starting his new role in London on March 25th (it’s been pushed back once already), and we’re not certain if they’ll allow it to be pushed back again. When the MPs assistant spoke with HO, they were notified that the delay is more to do with the backlog of apps and a decision will be “made soon”, but we’re scared that my visa won’t be sent back before the 25th and we’ll be left w/o a home, car and possibly an income if we don’t know how much longer it will be delayed.

thanks in advance!
Old Apr 1st 2019, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Faro786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: “Processing of visa not straightforward” timelines

Originally Posted by CaliGirlUK
​​​​​​Hi All,

So I have already posted in full detail my timeline and the complications we face with the delays in processing my priority settlement visa in another thread. We submitted our Biometrics from SF, California on 13/12/2018. After 3 escalations and two phone calls with local MP’s assistant, I received an email from SHEFO stating “Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible...” on 05/03/2019 (our 56th working day).

My husband and I have to travel together with our two young children, our son is disabled and I am his full time carer. So we are hoping to get a rough idea of a possible timeline (I am aware this will vary on a case to case basis). But if anyone who has received the not straightforward email in their 12th week of priority processinv, how long after did you then receive a decision made email? My husband’s employers want to know what our new timeline is looking like, because he’s supposed to be starting his new role in London on March 25th (it’s been pushed back once already), and we’re not certain if they’ll allow it to be pushed back again. When the MPs assistant spoke with HO, they were notified that the delay is more to do with the backlog of apps and a decision will be “made soon”, but we’re scared that my visa won’t be sent back before the 25th and we’ll be left w/o a home, car and possibly an income if we don’t know how much longer it will be delayed.

thanks in advance!

hi cali girl hope u r done fine I’m in the same situation as u I applied for a eea permit on 7th jan and got a not straight forward mail since then I haven’t got any update on my case I emailed them twice all they say is ur application is being considered and currently waiting a decision, just wanted to ask u did u get ur visa ? Is there a backlog goin on ? Why is it taking so long I have seen people getting their visa’s in 15 working days I hope we both get our visa’s soon take care a have good day plz let me know when u get ur visa thank u
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 7:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Faro786

hi cali girl hope u r done fine I’m in the same situation as u I applied for a eea permit on 7th jan and got a not straight forward mail since then I haven’t got any update on my case I emailed them twice all they say is ur application is being considered and currently waiting a decision, just wanted to ask u did u get ur visa ? Is there a backlog goin on ? Why is it taking so long I have seen people getting their visa’s in 15 working days I hope we both get our visa’s soon take care a have good day plz let me know when u get ur visa thank u
Sounds like you're applying for a different type of visa? So probably Caligirl's experience will bear no relevance to yours anyway. But the 'not straightforward' thing just means they are doing some further checks, i.e. if you're from a high fraud country or there is some other issue.

I'd suggest you start your own thread as you're not applying for a spouse visa, please do note the site rules re: 'text speak', if you can type in full it just makes it much easier to read, particularly for those who don't have English as their first language.

Good luck.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 3:18 am
Just Joined

CaliGirlUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faro786

hi,
Christmasoompa is right - my application is completely different from yours so all I can do is tell you how my experience went. Not sure if it’ll help but I received the “not straightforward email” right after my local MP had called UKVI regarding my application. At 69 working days, I finally received my visa. However, UKVI realized that they made a huge error in processing my application - they processed as standard (aka NON PRIORITY) despite having a copy of the receipt and me having emailed it to them several times. It wasn’t until my MP called that they realized their mistake. That’s why mine took so long. I am now being refunded the priority fee. Sorry I can’t be of more help to your case in particular.